Processing Activation, How Long?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SonnabenD

Jul 21, 2007
So I gave in and finally got an iPhone, but for some reason it is taking longer to activate it. After I entered my address, contact and payment info, it went to the processing screen, and told me it was taking longer than expected, and to wait for an email. The only reason I can think that it would take longer is because I used a debit linked to my bank acct instead of a credit card (I don't have a credit card nor do I have any credit, good or bad). How long does this "process" usually take, and is there anyone else who is experiencing the same? For reference, Ive posted the email below.
Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

Thatguy

Jul 20, 2007
So I gave in and finally got an iPhone, but for some reason it is taking longer to activate it. After I entered my address, contact and payment info, it went to the processing screen, and told me it was taking longer than expected, and to wait for an email. The only reason I can think that it would take longer is because I used a debit linked to my bank acct instead of a credit card (I don't have a credit card nor do I have any credit, good or bad). How long does this "process" usually take, and is there anyone else who is experiencing the same? For reference, Ive posted the email below.
Thanks,
Glenn
Well, for me the whole process from start to finish (Including unboxing, plugging in the iPhone and doing the activation wizard) took about 25 minutes. My iPhone didn't activate immediately, so I synced some music and the contacts I had ready and by the time that was finished it was activated. It took maybe 5 minutes after I finished the activation to it actually being activated.

Last edited by a moderator:

gkreed

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Well, for me the whole process from start to finish (Including unboxing, plugging in the iPhone and doing the activation wizard) took about 25 minutes. My iPhone didn't activate immediately, so I synced some music and the contacts I had ready and by the time that was finished it was activated. It took maybe 5 minutes after I finished the activation to it actually being activated.
Were you already an AT&T customer or a new customer? I am getting ready to get one (maybe this weekend) and would be curious to know. I would be a new customer and I am not porting a number.

Thanks

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I transferred my existing ATT acct last Friday and it took almost 4 hours. Whether or not the corporate suits want to admit it, there are still problems with the activation process. Best thing on this whole site is the phone number for the Candian company running the help line! A call to them seemed to do the trick for me.