Professional Line Waiters 3G iPhone

jpk92

Jun 9, 2008
Look at these people who already put up an add on craiglist:
Attention all Apple fanboys/girls, are you interested in the new 3G iPhone? Do you want to avoid the long lines, and be reserved a spot right at the front? Well we are offering the perfect service for you: We will arrive at the Dedham AT&T a full twenty four hours before the doors open. At the time we are beginning to wait, you will come and pay half of the fee. When we switch places one hour before the doors open, you will pay the other half. We did this last year with the launch of the first iPhone and it was very successful. Please respond.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hey, someone saw a businesss opportunity. And ya know what, they will earn money doing this! What fun...

I don't plan on camping for the new phone, but if I get a light week at work.... hmmm... :D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I won't camp out for a full 24 hours by any means. I got to the store 12 hours early last time and was the first person with a new iPhone so I might do similarly this year. Here's to hoping it's not at 6 PM again.

jpk92

Jun 9, 2008
I won't camp out for a full 24 hours by any means. I got to the store 12 hours early last time and was the first person with a new iPhone so I might do similarly this year. Here's to hoping it's not at 6 PM again.
with the activation process in store its going to be a lot longer of a wait. Thats why this is the perfect service, right at the front of the line ;)

jpk92

Jun 9, 2008

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I wish you luck, but I don't think you will see anything like last year. Maybe in some parts of the country (NYC?) but over all there won't be the camping out for this one.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
It sounds like a very good way to make money for just standing around in a line.

Bystander: "How do you earn a living?"
Prolinewaiter: "Oh! I just stand around here in this line you know. and the pay is good."

I am going wait to see if the early 3Gs have any problems. Besides my 1st gen is still a great phone and a b-day present.

:cool:

jpk92

Jun 9, 2008
I wish you luck, but I don't think you will see anything like last year. Maybe in some parts of the country (NYC?) but over all there won't be the camping out for this one.
There probably won't be camping out, but there will be long (or longer) because of in store activation. Think about it: It takes ten minutes for one activation. Now multiply 10 x [how many people are ahead of you]. Thats how many minutes you will be waiting. Now, wouldn't you rather be at the front of the line? Thats where we come it. We wait for you.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I would never do that, especially with people I don't know. If they only want half at first and then they start waiting, it could be a scam and when you get back their gone...with your money..and you at the back of the line. Lol.