Professional Line Waiters!

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Fair enough. Just want you to know that I walk my neighbor's dog. I don't consider it a job, but thats how I saved up. I started in January, so I have plenty to buy the phone on my own. The plan is a different story. You got me there.
Nice! Well, I have to say good job! :) I shouldn't have said the "their allowance must not be a quarter a day ;-)" line... but you know what I meant. ;-)

As far as this goes:

Huh? why do you need one. oh yes, you don't. Might want to reconsider that statment and not put me at the same level as your kids. I don't want to insult you, but I doubt your kids know as much as I do. Frankly, I doubt you do. But all of this is ok because I don't care anymore. So no arguments please.:laugh2:

WTF? ;-) Um... this guy sounds much older than you so to assume he's not as smart as a 15 year old is kinda um..... not smart? ;-)

Not saying you're dumb just.. don't quell an assumption by assuming.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
My son is 15 and will probably get his own phone soon. He thinks the iPhone is pretty awesome but knows if he wants something he needs to get a J.O.B. and save for it. I don't think it's as high of a priority as other things he wants to save for. :)

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
I worked when I was 15, bagging groceries at a local supermarket in the summer.

Geez kids these days, huh? So how can a 15 year old afford an iPhone and the $100 monthly bill from AT&T? Rich mommy and daddy? Maybe this is a better question... Why does a 15 year old need an iPhone at the first place?

If and when my future 15 year old kid asks me to buy him/her an iPhone, I'm going to laugh.
Hmmm... an iPod, internet, texting, and a phone... hmm...yup! Definitely not things that the Youth of America are known for using a lot! Please stop acting degrading because you are older, it's not very nice and age is actually a legally protected characteristic. If you were telling me this in real life I could sue you for harassment. I am working part time as a cashier for money for an iPhone. Guess what? I am not just working the summer, I am working the school year and probably until I graduate. I am also paying for any Data Plan that is required. My Dad covers my line because it was his old line that he had until he got a work phone, and since he didn't want to pay a cancellation fee, he gave it to me. For my Birthday present back in January, I was given another two years on that line. I have an extremely busy life, and an phone is necessary. I think it is terribly rude of you to insult me for that and claim that I have a rich Mommy and Daddy taking c-notes outta their pockets for my iPhone. Guess what? My "rich" Mommy and Daddy are not paying for one cent of my iPhone. Get over yourself.

sajawebb

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
I'll be in line fairly early, and if someone offered me at least half the cost of an iPhone, I'd take it! It's a no-brainer that I truly want this device, but 50% of an iPhone...I'll get it Saturday or Sunday for $300 out of pocket!:laugh2: WOW! But I wouldn't sell my spot for a penny less than 50%!