"profile"-option removed in iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thomas_2303, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Thomas_2303

Thomas_2303 New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently wanted to delete a profile I installed earlier on my iPhone 4 running 5.0.1.
    But when I looked under Settings > General, I expected to see the option "profiles", which used to be there under general. But it is nog longer there. Does anyone has an idea where I can find that option?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I've noticed that that setting is only present when you have a profile installed. But you're saying you know you have a profile installed. Try installing an additional profile. It's bound to bring that option back. You can then verify that the profile you're trying to delete is still there. This site will allow you to add profiles easily, by the way: http://brdrck.me/settings/.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Thomas_2303

Thomas_2303 New Member

Thanks for the response. And thanks for the site. I didn't know that site, but it looks very useful.
    I installed a profile, and indeed, now there is a tab with "profiles" where I can delete the installed profiles. But the profile I previously installed isn't there. I'm talking about profiles like the one from the app "onavo" and the site "freemyapps.com".

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I learned about that site right here on the Café. I found it pretty nifty myself. It puzzles me that you're not seeing that profile you had created. Have you done a reset or restore to factory settings that you can recall? Also, I can't say I know whether upgrading to a newer version of iOS would delete a profile or not.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

6. Thomas_2303

Thomas_2303 New Member

When I was on iOS 4.0 I installed an app "onavo". It asked me to create a profile on my iPhone. I confirmed and I remember I could see it in the settings under general. I left it there and did not pay attention to it any more. A lot has happened since then. Jailbroke and restored a couple of times, also updated to iOS 5.0.1. Two weeks ago I even got a brand new iPhone because mine was in for repair and Apple replaced it. So I did a restore from backup with my new iPhone and so I also had Onavo again installed on my phone (but when I opened the app it didn't ask me to reinstall the profile, so I don't know if the profile is still on my phone or not...). But that's not even the point. A couple of days ago I heard about a site "freemyapps.com". When I wanted to use it, it asked me to create a profile on my phone. So I am sure there is a profile on it right now because I confirmed when the site asked me. The thing is the site only works in the US and I'm not living in the US, so I wanted to delete the profile, but I can't find it in the settings.

7. pradeep88

pradeep88 New Member

I am facin the same issue, I'm not able to find profile tab on ios5, any solution on how to remove/uninstall freemyapps from iPhone4?