Profile Shortcuts 5.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ds2983, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ds2983

ds2983 New Member

Anyone else notice after updating to 5.1 that profile shortcuts don't work anymore? I attached a screenshot of the profiles I'm talking about and the error.

Attached Files:

2. Afkamp

Afkamp Member
    Bronze

If so then this sucks. Are your profiles still installed or did 5.1 uninstall them. That maybe a quick check you can do. I haven't upgraded yet but use my shortcuts all the time.

3. AgentX

AgentX New Member

Profiles shortcuts were blocked/disabled on 5.1

Did some research and tried couple diff methods to no avail.

We got beat on this update, which is always the case, 2 steps forward, 1 step back...status quo...

4. fanboy

fanboy Member
    Bronze

Anyway to go back to the previous version, I need those shortcuts to work!

5. AgentX

AgentX New Member

This mIght be just a location change in path, someone will figure out new location.
    Not sure how to roll back.

6. fanboy

fanboy Member
    Bronze

Well said.

I called Verizon today to send this phone back, they changed their 30 day policy to 15 days, I did not know this so I'm stuck with this phone until someone figures it out.

I think thats what makes iPhones so easy to steal. To change a simple setting your in your phone tapping away, giving a crook an opportunity to snatch it from your hands. An Android user pulls his phone it and taps the screen once ; boom-setting change: bluetooth on/off or wifi on/off or brightness / airplane mode changed.

You would think Apple would incorporate something to make crap easier, but as agentx said.....

7. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not thrilled by this. I too use the profiles and now deleted them as I've upgraded. I miss them and it only been one day.

Do you think that they'll come back for this version?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I only used 2 of the shortcuts and didn't use them very often either so it isn't really a huge deal for me.

9. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I used the wireless switch several times a day to connect to our antiquated access point at work. I have to toggle it each time to connect. Real pain but that profile helped much.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

10. fanboy

fanboy Member
    Bronze

Has anyone figured out how to get the profiles to work yet after this last update?

11. Laylapotata

Laylapotata Member
    Bronze

I'm not jail broken but with an app called icon project I had good shortcuts none of them work now.

12. fanboy

fanboy Member
    Bronze

The posters' in this threadbare folks who had profiles set up that acted like widgets, but were not technically widgets. Our phones were not jail broken.

The iOS update rendered our profiles inoperable and this is a problem, a large majority of us turn our bluetooth & wifi on/off frequently throughout the day.

For such a 'simple' phone it's a task to keep having to go into settings to turn something on or off.

If I knew anything about this stuff I would try and come up with a fix other than jail breaking the phone.

13. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Still on 5.0.1. How do I set up profiles?

14. iphoneint

iphoneint Member
    Bronze

Easiest way is to go here and follow the instructions from your iPhone or iPad: http://
    brdrck.me/settings

15. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze