Profile Shortcuts 5.1

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
If so then this sucks. Are your profiles still installed or did 5.1 uninstall them. That maybe a quick check you can do. I haven't upgraded yet but use my shortcuts all the time.

AgentX

Dec 2, 2011
Charlotte-North Carolina
Profiles shortcuts were blocked/disabled on 5.1

Did some research and tried couple diff methods to no avail.

We got beat on this update, which is always the case, 2 steps forward, 1 step back...status quo...

fanboy

Bronze
Feb 5, 2012
We got beat on this update, which is always the case, 2 steps forward, 1 step back...status quo...
Well said.

I called Verizon today to send this phone back, they changed their 30 day policy to 15 days, I did not know this so I'm stuck with this phone until someone figures it out.

I think thats what makes iPhones so easy to steal. To change a simple setting your in your phone tapping away, giving a crook an opportunity to snatch it from your hands. An Android user pulls his phone it and taps the screen once ; boom-setting change: bluetooth on/off or wifi on/off or brightness / airplane mode changed.

You would think Apple would incorporate something to make crap easier, but as agentx said.....

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I'm not thrilled by this. I too use the profiles and now deleted them as I've upgraded. I miss them and it only been one day.

Do you think that they'll come back for this version?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I used the wireless switch several times a day to connect to our antiquated access point at work. I have to toggle it each time to connect. Real pain but that profile helped much.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

fanboy

Bronze
Feb 5, 2012
The posters' in this threadbare folks who had profiles set up that acted like widgets, but were not technically widgets. Our phones were not jail broken.

The iOS update rendered our profiles inoperable and this is a problem, a large majority of us turn our bluetooth & wifi on/off frequently throughout the day.

For such a 'simple' phone it's a task to keep having to go into settings to turn something on or off.

If I knew anything about this stuff I would try and come up with a fix other than jail breaking the phone.