Prompted to update iPhone software, not sure what it fixes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm sure this is probably old news, but I just updated iTunes. When it was complete, I tried to sync. I was prompted to download and install an iPhone software update. Its installing on the phone right now, not sure what bugs it fixes.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm not installing this update... too many problems from people who have installed it.. problems with emails and all kinds of stuff.. Apple is really doing a bad job

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I'm not installing this update... too many problems from people who have installed it.. problems with emails and all kinds of stuff.. Apple is really doing a bad job
Do you have any hacks on your iPhone? I did the update without issue. If anything, things are better. I would be willing to bet that people that ran into problems disconnected before it was finished updating, because the process appears to hang for about 2-3 minutes, but does continue. If your iPhone has no hacks, I would go ahead and update. Just let iTunes sync your device first, then click the "Check for Update" button.

Good Luck.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
none hear

:cool::cool:
:cool:

I have had no problems with my phone since the update. I didn't do any modifications prior to the update, I am wondering if this is where most of the problems are coming from.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I updated with no problems. Problems I have been hearing about don't seem related to the update. I don't work for Apple though......so what do I know?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Update went smooth here as well. I lost nothing in the update and nothing lost functionality when the update occurred. I am not sure what people are seeing with the apparent loss of e-mail functionality, but like I said I had no issues at all.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The only issue I had was that i lost my passwords for my email. I just re-typed them in quickly and I was back to normal.

To the OP: you really should do the update, it's a security issue that allows people to basically do ANYTHING to the phone, even make is ring constantly:oops:.

Arezlee

Jul 30, 2007
My iPhone was modded out pretty heavily. Lost all the custom icons, ringtones, etc. Had to do a full system restore and lost a lot of contacts, texts, voicemail, and all of my photos in the process. Other than that, phone's working just fine. Reinstalled all my mods post update without any hangups. I'll back up the phone more regularly now and certainly before I perform another update.