PROOF! iPhone 5 bigger screen!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
why would you hope not? That sounds amazing.
I don't want a gesture button, gestures should be kept on the screen, not via a button.

You'll get used to it. You're gonna love it once you get used to it. In fact, if gestures will be used instead of the home button they will definitely showcase this during the unveiling. And, of course, we can look forward to the next iPad and iPod Touch (if there is one) having this same capability.

It might be exciting.

Remember, Apple is an innovator. They might just pave the way with gestures insead of dedicated physical home buttons and the world will follow as they always do.
I've used gestures ever since they were usable, on both my iPhone and iPad. I like them the way they are. It's just my opinion.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Gonna just step in from the side here and say, Apple are marketing geniuses. I know we all already knew this but wow - look how much hype they are creating by keeping us on the hook. Its like a good movie that strings you along to an awesome finale. Brilliant....well done Apple. Now lets just hope the finale is awesome.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
Me and You Baby! CASE-A-HOLICS! I am ready for the new size and shape. I will be spending a butt-load on cases yet again and I won't care!

Case-Mate was the first case I bought for the iPhone 4 so it seems they'll be 1st again for me. This time around I won't get cases off of eBay.

OMG! It's finally heating up. :ROFLMAO:
Case mate makes quality stuff. Always liked their cases. Also images have been removed so more fuel to the fire

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Don't go there John. It is a slippery slope with some. :)
After yesterday you mean? That's been dealt with so hopefully we can move on and all be friends like the CareBears.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I don't want a gesture button, gestures should be kept on the screen, not via a button.

I've used gestures ever since they were usable, on both my iPhone and iPad. I like them the way they are. It's just my opinion.
But you can only have so many gestures on the main screen (especially a small screen). Are you gonna swipe with four fingers to switch apps? Or would you rather swipe with your thumb on the button?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
But you can only have so many gestures on the main screen (especially a small screen). Are you gonna swipe with four fingers to switch apps? Or would you rather swipe with your thumb on the button?
I'll give you that, although I don't like the thought of it. A plus is that you wont wear out the home button as quick :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Meh. I've never worn out a home button.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Meh. I've never worn out a home button.
Well I know plenty who have.

Agree here how many times must you use your home button to wear it out? I'm sure its tested for thousands of pushes
I'm not particularly bothered about who believes me, but the iPhone (all of them) home button does wear out. Eventually. If it's not happened to you, you're lucky.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Well I know plenty who have.

I'm not particularly bothered about who believes me, but the iPhone (all of them) home button does wear out. Eventually. If it's not happened to you, you're lucky.
I'm curious now. So I am counting now. To see and I'll multiply it by number of days I've had my phone. I use my phone all day long. No problems with home button. Ever.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm curious now. So I am counting now. To see and I'll multiply it by number of days I've had my phone. I use my phone all day long. No problems with home button. Ever.
Good for you. My iPhone 4's home button gave up after 9 months, it worked, but the double-tap didn't at all. I'm not trying to cause an argument here, but it's a fact that they break and it's also a known fault. I know they're taken through testing where a piece of technical wizardry continuously and relentlessly presses the home button over and over again to simulate years of use etc etc.. I suppose crap happens. Some are lucky whereas others aren't. I also had to replace my 3Gs because of the same fault :( True story.

Aug 31, 2010
Good for you. My iPhone 4's home button gave up after 9 months, it worked, but the double-tap didn't at all. I'm not trying to cause an argument here, but it's a fact that they break and it's also a known fault. I know they're taken through testing where a piece of technical wizardry continuously and relentlessly presses the home button over and over again to simulate years of use etc etc.. I suppose crap happens. Some are lucky whereas others aren't. I also had to replace my 3Gs because of the same fault :( True story.
I could definitely see it being a potential issue. Sorry for your bad luck! I`m keeping my fingers crossed that my 3GS can hold out until I can afford a 5.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I could definitely see it being a potential issue. Sorry for your bad luck! I`m keeping my fingers crossed that my 3GS can hold out until I can afford a 5.
Is it a 32Gb model? Is it unlocked? If so, you should still get a decent price for it. Are you due for an upgrade soon?

(Sorry for the questions..)