Proof of 80GB iPhone from Apples website?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 26, 2007
Hey... I was watching the activiation and syncing video on Apples website. About 6 minutes and 17 seconds into the video, when they were talking about syncing videos, it shows on the bottom of the screen that the iPhone has 74.40GB Capacity! What does it mean? I don't know. Was it a mess up? The questions keep ringing through my mind. Or... is it a sign? we shall see!
Even Crazier is 6 minutes and 21 seconds where it shows up at the top that the iPhone is 7GB and on the bottom of the same iTunes screen it shows 74.40GB Capacity.

Click here for a screen shot I took of the video on the website... Go checkout the actual page here... before they take it down!

Phantomstealth

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Maybe those who tested it got a supped up version? OR MAYBE APPLE IS PLAYING A NICE TRICK ON US and giving us 40gb and 80gb models :)

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
By the time a third party vendor figures out how to offer overnight battery replacement for $40... They'll have a memory upgrade... Mark my words.

josec99

Jun 8, 2007
I don't think Apple would be so careless about such a thing. I think that was done intentionally. They've got every move planned for a while now. They're not going to be that reckless towards the end. You think?

Jun 26, 2007
I thought it was pretty crazy when I saw it... I didn't know what to do. so I took a quick screenshot and downloaded the video in case they changed it!

Phantomstealth

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
It's possible. The 30 gig iPod (which is thinner than the 80gig) is a Flash drive, while the 80 is an actual HDD.
no no no...the 30 gb iPod is indeed a hdd. a 1.8" hdd to be exact. I know because I just changed a bad one for a good one (hdd that is) in my sisters 5gen iPod.