Proper FREE ringtone maker software

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Hmmm? The first one is free. What does the second one do that the first doesn't to make it worth paying the $14.95?

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
how come you guys don't just use iTunes to make your own ringtones?
with exception of fading in/out, you can make any part of an iTunes song into a ringtone....

what am i missing? (seriously)

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
i'm new to this, how do you use iTunes to make ringtones? I am coming over from Palm Treo and Myxertones worked well for that.....

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
What I noticed is that I can change the main ringtone but I can't find how to change the voicemail or text alert to a custom ringtone.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
with exception of fading in/out, you can make any part of an iTunes song into a ringtone....

My iTunes says you have to buy the song from them to use iTunes to make a ringtone

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Looks like I will just continue to stick with what has been working; Myxertones.com

Murdomac

Jul 3, 2009

Well for a start useing iTunes is a real pain in the you know where, clumsy, clunky and entirely unsatisfactory and although you can copy any part of a song there's no preview option so its hard to get the exact part of the song you want, no volume control, can't adjust to 10ths of a second, the list goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I'm going to check iTunes to see how it does it but for now I've been using iRinger and it's incredibly easy and " newbie proof " !