Props to Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kythas

Oct 18, 2007
I know they're much maligned, but I had to give props to the service I received from Apple yesterday.

The other day, the sleep/wake button on my iPhone got stuck, and since it was always pressed in it killed my battery. I took it to the Apple store and fully expected them to send it off for service, which meant I'd be out of a phone for 3-7 days or however long it would take.

Imagine my surprise when they broke open a brand new iPhone for me and put my SIM chip in it. All I had to do was go home and sync it up with iTunes and I was back in businesss.

I like to give credit where credit is due, and just want to say it was a very pleasant experience.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I think what you experienced was rather unique! As long as you don't expect that to occur again I think you will be happy. =) I know I am one of the many that was not pleased with the experience I had at the Apple store when my phone experienced a major issue one month into its life. I hope to have future dealings much like you had!

Kythas

Oct 18, 2007
I think what you experienced was rather unique! As long as you don't expect that to occur again I think you will be happy. =) I know I am one of the many that was not pleased with the experience I had at the Apple store when my phone experienced a major issue one month into its life. I hope to have future dealings much like you had!

Actually, my hope is that I'll have no need for further dealings with support, but I know that's just wishful thinking. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but I'm certainly hoping any future dealings with the "Genius Bench" (I laughed when I saw that name) are similar to what I received. After all, they set the bar!

Here's hoping your future dealings are more in line with my experience.

Oh, for the record, this was at the Apple Store in The Shops at Willow Bend in Plano, TX.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I don't know what everyone is always. Complaining about with Apple service. I have had several iPods die and every time they just whip out a brand new one and give it to me.

Every time I've ever (or anyone in my family has ever) had a prblem with their mac the people at the Apple store have always been able to resolve the problem.

A few bad experiences always out weigh a whole lot of good ones, which sucks and paints a bad picture. On well.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
You are stating an exception though. I had the phone for just over a month (I think I was at the 5 week point). When I went in the problem was that I had no sound out of the speaker or the receiver. The only way I could hear the phone was with headphones, that was for ringing and conversation. This was clearly a hardware issue. The person got the manager and they both said sorry, my phone had to be sent in to be repaired which could take 3-10 days. The cost of a loaner was 30$. I told them that the hardware is basically brand new and in the end it did not matter, the customer lost. I had to fork over the 30$ and send my phone in. Again, the hardware was 5 weeks old..... This is the same kind of thing that many are reporting about the customer service. It is not that they are being rude or anything (in general), it is that there are clear hardware failures early in the life of the product and they are not doing straight exchanges. It happens sometimes, but not consistently.

Kythas

Oct 18, 2007
I don't know what everyone is always. Complaining about with Apple service. I have had several iPods die and every time they just whip out a brand new one and give it to me.

Every time I've ever (or anyone in my family has ever) had a prblem with their mac the people at the Apple store have always been able to resolve the problem.

A few bad experiences always out weigh a whole lot of good ones, which sucks and paints a bad picture. On well.

Exactly, which is why I wanted to give props. I think most people probably get good service and have a good experience, it's just the times when people get less than what was expected that they post.

For example, my wife and I went to eat at a restaraunt and received exceptional service from our waiter. When we were leaving, we asked to speak with the manager to let him know that we had just received one of the best dining experiences we'd ever had. He fully expected us to be complaining and was shocked when we were complimentary. That's because so few people let others know when the service they received was above expectations, but only complain when it was below.

I just wanted to post my good experience with Apple, since I know so few people do. It really went beyond my expectations.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I once read that when a customer has a good experience (not specifically Apple), he/she tells 3 other persons on average. When it's a bad experience. he/she tells 12 persons. We hear about the bad stuff a lot more than about the good one.

My MacBook Pro battery blew up on me. I brought it to the Apple store. They didn't ask my name. They picked up a new one and gave it to me.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
It is most likely the number of people told but more importantly people tend to remember the worst of times and not the best of times. Human nature at its best.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I once read that when a customer has a good experience (not specifically Apple), he/she tells 3 other persons on average. When it's a bad experience. he/she tells 12 persons. We hear about the bad stuff a lot more than about the good one.

My MacBook Pro battery blew up on me. I brought it to the Apple store. They didn't ask my name. They picked up a new one and gave it to me.
Yup this is correct. People are more inclined to tell other about their poor experiences rather than their great ones. I'm really glad the OP had such a great experience. So far (knock on wood) I've had AMAZING service with Apple. :laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I know they're much maligned, but I had to give props to the service I received from Apple yesterday.

The other day, the sleep/wake button on my iPhone got stuck, and since it was always pressed in it killed my battery. I took it to the Apple store and fully expected them to send it off for service, which meant I'd be out of a phone for 3-7 days or however long it would take.

Imagine my surprise when they broke open a brand new iPhone for me and put my SIM chip in it. All I had to do was go home and sync it up with iTunes and I was back in businesss.

I like to give credit where credit is due, and just want to say it was a very pleasant experience.
Good to hear...:laugh2:

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
I gotta say this. I called that dang Apple store probably 15 times over the last week being paranoid and such! Being they have probably received a MILLION calls about the new iPhone. Each time I spoke with them they were TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE. And once again today dealing with THOUSANDS of people it was No Different.

Customer service at my APPLE STORE IN OKC is TOP NOTCH with TOP NOTCH PEOPLE!

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Good to here my friend is in line with 70 people right now at the Apple store and he stated that it was a disaster. Originally they had 100 people then the rep an out and told people from 70 back they there would not be enough phones for everyone. So those people left then the rep came back 30 mins later and tome people from 60 back that there would not be enough phones. He is 63, he decide to stay in line. This was at 1030 am the store started selling at 7 am and they have only managed to get phones to the first 15 people in 3 hours.

He is a bit ticked, he stood in the 3G line with 300 people on iday, he stated that at least then he was inline for 8 hours but he kept moving up. He has move 15 ft in that amount of time. I hate to say it cause I might catch back lash but, they should only let people buy 2 iPhones each at the most. Some people are walking out with 4 phones that is just crazy. They have been out there since 11pm and half of the people will not get phone.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Man that sucks! I moved about 300 yards and no telling how many people to the front in about 3 hours from the time they opened.

ctmed5408

Jun 24, 2010
Now this is coming from someone who has never had an iPhone and is trying to become a new customer with both Apple and ATT. So far I think they are both AWFUL! They make a huge deal out of the release which is fine because the phone is awesome from what I have seen/read. Last week I went to ATT and was told that on the 24th I would need to be there early and that they would open @ 6am. Got there this morning at 2am to find a note on the door saying that ATT would not have any phones to sell till the 29th. I am a firefighter and work a rotating schedule so I had to swap 2 shifts in order to be there like they instructed me to, only to find out that they would not have any phones. This is not good businesss on any level. Yes I know they are Apple and that I am just one person which means nothing to them but IT SHOULD matter. I am leaving Verizon, paying the termination fee by choice to come do businesss with Apple and ATT. So far, I am being reminded by ATT and Apple why I am leaving Verizon in the first place.....signal problems at my house and no customer satisfaction! They should both get their **** together so that when people come out during one of these hyped up releases to hand over their money, they can supply the product that they so heavily promoted. It's good to be on top but you also have to produce results in order to stay there.