Props to Jobs for making even more money

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Give a $100 store credit that forces you to buy an Apple product (minus their profit margin on that) and also considering theres a few products that only require shelling out $50 or so with that store credit will persuade a lot of people to pay it, and some will even buy more expensive products because of that $100 store credit. Congrats Jobs, you'll make loads of money on the iPhone price cut to new customers as well as even more profit for giving a $100 store credit that probably comes out to making you money. I bet that $100 store credit will turn into averaging $100 or more in extra profit for each $100 store credit issued.

Think about it.

I'm sticking to my boycott.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Give a $100 store credit that forces you to buy an Apple product (minus their profit margin on that) and also considering theres a few products that only require shelling out $50 or so with that store credit will persuade a lot of people to pay it, and some will even buy more expensive products because of that $100 store credit. Congrats Jobs, you'll make loads of money on the iPhone price cut to new customers as well as even more profit for giving a $100 store credit that probably comes out to making you money. I bet that $100 store credit will turn into averaging $100 or more in extra profit for each $100 store credit issued.

Think about it.

But he is still losing the 100 that he is not obligated to give... now you are blaming peoples urges on him too...wtf if they wanna pay more..more power to them..if they wanna only use the 100, go for it.. no one is complaining.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
But he is still losing the 100 that he is not obligated to give...
He isn't losing anything! He's making money!
Think about it, how many people are going to use up just $100. Plenty of people who will say hey, let me get a new nano and just pay the difference. There you go. And some have already said they are going to buy more iPhones since they are getting this credit. Jobs isn't losing anything.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I won't spend more then the rebate/refund/fillintheword. My wife wanted a new shuffle for trail running, she was going to get one anyway, at least I don't have to shell out additional $$ for that and will still have a few dollars left over to, well, I will have a few $$ left over.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
But he is still losing the 100 that he is not obligated to give...
If you don't actually use the credit-- they don't lose anything. And yes, I think that Apple will actually MAKE money by doing this-- it's a smart decision. Something an old boss of mine, Michael Scott, would call WIN-WIN-WIN. ;-)

kashbo25

Bronze
May 24, 2007
West Palm Beach Florida

Think about it.

Welcome to the Electronic businesss man; at least he is giving 100 bucks back some cheap B**tereds such as bill gates would give you credit on like the xbox 360 lol personal experience

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I won't spend more then the rebate/refund/fillintheword. My wife wanted a new shuffle for trail running, she was going to get one anyway, at least I don't have to shell out additional $$ for that and will still have a few dollars left over to, well, I will have a few $$ left over.

Lets see most of the people who purchased the iPhones first are the type of people who would pick up more iPhones if they got a store credit. Apple will make $200 extra if they give a $100 store credit and the person buys an iPhone they probably wouldn't have purchased anytime soon or never.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
If you don't actually use the credit-- they don't lose anything. And yes, I think that Apple will actually MAKE money by doing this-- it's a smart decision. Something an old boss of mine, Michael Scott, would call WIN-WIN-WIN. ;-)
Ya but who wont actually use their store credit lol

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
exactly I wont spend more then the amount iam given :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes, they are probably going to make money but at least we get something out of it instead of them having the f/u attitude.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
He isn't losing anything! He's making money!
Think about it, how many people are going to use up just $100. Plenty of people who will say hey, let me get a new nano and just pay the difference. There you go. And some have already said they are going to buy more iPhones since they are getting this credit. Jobs isn't losing anything.
Ya iam sure there was some businesss profit involved in it, but we cant blame Apple for what people want to buy and whatnot..apple does not control the people clicking the checkout button and whatnot, they do..so if they wanna spend more money and make Apple gain profit..we cant stop them.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm happy with that.

but I'd rather that he let me trade my 4 gig on, on a 8 gig iPhone. Dead even swap.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I'm happy with that.

but I'd rather that he let me trade my 4 gig on, on a 8 gig iPhone. Dead even swap.
Us 4GB'ers are even worse off I think. Even if we got a 200 dollar discount we'd still be stuck with a 4GB iPhone that was discontinued.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Us 4GB'ers are even worse off I think. Even if we got a 200 dollar discount we'd still be stuck with a 4GB iPhone that was discontinued.
Ya the 4GBers got hit the hardest, y'all really should be allowed to trade in for 8GB.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
And how many will actually want to buy something for $100 or less? 1%?
..mmm..a lot? like I said.. let APPLE make money..it is not their fault for what the people want..they know how to play the cards. iam not supporting Apple, I didn't like the drop either, but we cant really blame them for other peoples urges.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I too would have been totally happy being upgraded to the 8g. They should have let us and then sell all the 4g at a discount. But that's probably not going to happen.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
And how many will actually want to buy something for $100 or less? 1%?
You may find more then you think. Look at ring tones for example, some may choose to get some of those. Others, such as myself, were in a position that they were going to be spending $$ there soon and might be saved from shelling out additional $$. The item my wife wants is 79$, add in tax and shipping and I should have about all the 100 spent. I know I will be one of the peeps that don't spend more then 100$.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
You may find more then you think. Look at ring tones for example, some may choose to get some of those. Others, such as myself, were in a position that they were going to be spending $$ there soon and might be saved from shelling out additional $$. The item my wife wants is 79$, add in tax and shipping and I should have about all the 100 spent. I know I will be one of the peeps that don't spend more then 100$.
It's pretty much guaranteed those who spend some or a lot more than the credit will outweigh those who stay under the credit.