Protective case for my iPhone 3G

reilly09

Bronze
Apr 14, 2009
West Virginia
Hey guys. I am very nervous about something happening to my phone. I am a fairly active individual with two dogs who love to go for walks, and I go to the gym. I also work in health care. I have a holster for my phone, but i am thinking of getting a hard case and new holster to better protect it from damage. I am looking at the Seidio Innocase II or the Otterbox Defender series. Could someone please give some opinions on which is a better quality case, but doesn't take away from the look of the phone too much?

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
The Seidio case is nice. It doesn't add much bulk to your phone. The Otterbox is the exact opposite. It really protects your device, but totally ruins the design of the iPhone. I think you need to decide what is more important, protection or keeping the design of the iPhone. You'll probably end up in the middle somewhere.

Joe

reilly09

Bronze
Apr 14, 2009
West Virginia
Well yeah you're right, I am in the middle. I love the look of the iPhone! But at the same time, I just to make sure it is well protected. How sturdy is the Seidio case compared to the otterbox? Also, I have an Anti-Glare screen protector on now, and I would like to keep that on.

reilly09

Bronze
Apr 14, 2009
West Virginia
Well I have finally made the decision to go with the Otterbox. It just seems like a good quality case to protect my phone properly. I want to thank you for all of your help.

know1uno

Bronze
Mar 28, 2009
Well I have finally made the decision to go with the Otterbox. It just seems like a good quality case to protect my phone properly. I want to thank you for all of your help.

I got the Otterbox and it rocks. I am a klutz and one of those "Bull in a china closet" kind of people, so I wanted the strongest protection I could get for my phone.

I'm very pleased with it and I think you will be also.

reilly09

Bronze
Apr 14, 2009
West Virginia
Thanks that is good to hear. I thinks it looks cool, but more importantly, it will protect my phone the best. I got the white one and my partner got the black. We plan on switching out the silicone cases so we have opposite black and white cases.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Glad you made a decision. Worst case, if you hate it, you can always resell it on eBay of craigslist.

Joe

May 22, 2009
Case is good, Holster does nothing!

I have the Otterbox defender for my iPhone 3G and while the case is good the holster sucks. Actually, I had to send the case back because of a manufacturing defect covering the speaker ports. The holster on the other hand, is really bad. after all of the reviews I read, I was expecting this great holster that would hold my phone so secure even I'd have trouble accessing it. I wish that was the problem. According to otterbox, they had so many complaints about the holster being too tight that they decided to make it more for show than function. I wouldn't hang that holster from my visor in my car and clip my phone in it. it doesn't hold it. at all! One tiny little bump and out it comes. That's bad. Like I said, the case is nice but I really don't need a case that bulky without a holster. It's too hard to get in and out of a pocket unless you wear cargos all the time. And in a bag, well while I'm riding that's fine but otherwise it's an inconvenience. I like holsters and was so disappointed with this. If I can find something else, i will, post haste.
Gray

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
i just got my iPhone yesterday, and before i even left the store i had the sales girl put the otterbox on it. yeah its a little bit bulkier.........but i drop phones all the time, and if i dropped this one id cry, so now im good to go! i can put the phone in my pocket without fear of a scratch or not worry if i drop it off the counter lol