Prototype 4.7" iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

These pictures are purported to be of a preproduction beta of the 4.7" iPhone 6. Take this with a grain of salt, as usual, but owner says he will be receiving a 5.5" model this week and will post additional pictures. Video is also included at end of post.

wdrEra1.jpg QWVKrVX.jpg udFTT8N.jpg OoF0k8S.jpg RqCb65E.jpg aaxjY4q.jpg WLc25xh.jpg 5nNpOPe.jpg

#1 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't see too much difference in thickness as shown in most of the mock ups. Proportionately, the 5.5" will look huge with the same top and bottom bezel. It's hard for me to believe Apple won't reduce the bezel for the 5.5".

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I see he's running Yosemite. So it's not too much of a stretch to think he's a beta-tester type of person, but of course it could simply be someone who intentionally took the photo with a beta Yosemite running in the background to increase the believability of his photos. The glasses in photo #4 are awfuly dorky, which fits the profile of a computer geek, along with his chubbiness, based on his hands. His voice doesn't sound like he's trying to pass off a fake, IMHO.

Do you think we could pull the EXIF data and find out where he is at, and get a team out there as soon as possible?

I've forwaded the photos to my colleague. She's on it.

images.jpeg

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Personally, I think you're stretching it.. This isn't exactly a case for Interpol. I shrunk these pics with Photoshop.

Here's a quote from the guy. This is all the real info I have.

"I have Chinese suppliers. Can't say more but I can give you more pics etc.
    I know 100% with certainty. This IS the final iPhone 6 design."

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not buying the plastic lining on the headphone jack and Lightning port. That's a huge red flag. They would easily crack with time. The home button is too close to the screen. The lines on the back look weird and not uniform, which isn't apple-like.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Interestingly, I checked all three videos on "Robbie Swan's" YouTube channel about the iPhone 6, and photo #3 from above isn't a still frame from any of those videos. I did a reverse search on that photo on both Google and TinEye and that photo hasn't been published anywhere else other than here on everythingiCafe by Napoleon.

I did a search on the filename of the photo ("udFTT8N.jpg") and it turned up blank, though Napoleon may have renamed the photo when he saved it from Photoshop.

Likewise, the quote that Napoleon shared with us hasn't been published anywhere else on the Internet (yet). Based on these findings, Napoleon may be in direct contact with the source.

Because this is allegedly a prototype, it may not have been made with materials designed to survive the test of time. However, this is just me thinking out loud.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The pics were not renamed.

The quote is on reddit. You need to get out more.

You need to learn to use other resources if you want to impress me.

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I should probably have guessed you're not well connected enough to get exclusive pics for us... :)

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But I'm well-connected enough to find and post this.

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Touché :)

11. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

In Russia, iPhone 6 prototypes you!

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Any guesses as to the purpose of that tiny hole next to the front-facing camera? Could that be a hole to expose the barometer's sensor to the environment in order to measure barometric pressure? Or do you guys think they would dual-purpose one of the existing holes for that?

weirdhole.jpg

Also, there's a tiny hole where the SIM card tray ejector tool should be inserted, as is to be expected, but no discernible outline for the SIM card tray itself. This suggests that this could be a non-functional prototype... (I'm going to assume that if Mr. Swan's unit could be powered on, then there is no reason why he wouldn't have gone ahead and done so in at least one of the videos he posted).

The odd thing for me is that there isn't a single identifying mark on the back. I'm not expecting an Apple logo or the FCC markings or anything final like "Designed in California," but at least a code number, or a bar code.

13. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

More images and showing a black version...
    3RBIc33.jpg BedqDDp.jpg edsImvI.jpg enwKYdU.jpg FAarqVz.jpg gHVkd1g.jpg Jh2npUa.jpg jREyGt8.jpg LaflGIG.jpg

#13 iNinja, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Help, I'm seeing triple!

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Keep in mind that this thread was originally about Ron Swan's supposed prototype beta. These other shots are from an eBayer.

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Thought I'd throw this in just for fun. They look the same. Is there any significance to that? We'll find out in September. Stay tuned!
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1403700373.343533.jpg