PS3/Wii Style Lines at AT&T?

May 31, 2007
So is anyone going to line up outside of the Cingular/ATT location waiting for this thing. I think I am.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Well if we don't get any new info until then, im sure there will be long lines. If AT&T drops a bomb on us expect the lines to shrink

May 6, 2007
United States
Considering that it looks like it'll be released at 6 P.M. on June 29th, I am changing my plans and going about noon or a little earlier. That should be plenty. Plus, I read an article stating, again, that Apple is expected to ship 3 Million units on the 29th. This was in the Wall Street Journal.

I know, you guys think that 6 P.M. was a joke, but I think this confirms it.

Notice that it says:

June 29th

6- Pick up iPhone
7- Call Mom

Thanks to joe for the keen eye, there. :laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Hopefully its 6 am and 7 am is a wakeup call for mom so they can bake together....CROSSES FINGERS*

May 6, 2007
United States
Hopefully its 6 am and 7 am is a wakeup call for mom so they can bake together....CROSSES FINGERS*
Lol, I doubt it. Again, I think 6 P.M. is the real time and my Apple store confirmed this. I know Steve Jobs likes to joke, but I don't think he would joke about something as important as the iPhone release. After all, he would like to sell some of these things...

I will check again with my Apple store and try to make a few more visits before the release. I will post anything new I find out.

Jun 13, 2007
WWDC Conference

I was watching the Keynote for WWDC and right near the end is where Steve started talking about iPhone and the release. He slipped something about 6 PM in there if I remember correctly.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i doubt lines will be crazy like the PS3 and wii lines, but no doubt there will be a line

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
there's a real easy solution for avoiding the long line. be the first one!

i figure what are a few hours of waiting in the front of a line after waiting SIX MONTHS for it.

getting in line at 1-2 o'clock and you should be gravy.