PSA for those of you with SIM trays that aren't flush

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by tortex73, Oct 11, 2014.

1. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

I read a couple complaints here from people whose SIM trays weren't flush with the body of the phone, mine was like that too. It was super annoying for me because I could feel it every time I held my phone, and as nitpicky as it is, a $900 phone shouldn't have that problem. Well I have some great news- I went to the Apple Store just now and they gave me a new tray that is PERFECTLY flush with the body of my phone. I am now a happy camper. So if your SIM tray isn't flush and it annoys you to no end, take it in to the Apple Store and they should take care of you.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I haven't even looked at the SIM tray.

3. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm very anal with my tech toys, if they aren't flawless then I'll keep exchanging them until I get a perfect one. I really can't convey in words how much it bothered me that my sim tray wasn't flush with the rest of the body. It was just one of those things that once I noticed it, I couldn't get past it.

4. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

Probably the definition of "obsessive compulsive".

5. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Nope, just anal. I firmly believe that when you pay close to $1000 for a phone, you have every right to expect one that is free of any and all defects in craftsmanship.

6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Yeah, but eventually it comes to an obsessive behavior not an "anal" behavior. How many phones have you returned in your life? Every iPhone that I have had since launch has been acceptable to me.

7. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

It's not obsessive compulsive when there are legitimate defects with the product.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it's definetly just being anal. I'm not sure why you're giving him a hard time about this. Maybe you just haven't had one that is defective yet. Your SIM tray isn't misaligned, so it's difficult to say if it would bother you enough to get the tray swapped out or not. It might catch or feel weird when you're holding it. It's free, so why not get a new one that isn't defective? Being misaligned might allow debris to get in the phone or decrease the resale value.

9. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

It was more the comment about I'll keep returning them until they are flawless. It sounds to me that there will always be "something" that won't make it flawless.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.

10. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

No. I don't know how you got "I'll always find something that won't make it flawless" from "I'll keep exchanging until I get one that's flawless". My expectations are reasonable and my definition of flawless is the same one that's in the dictionary. My Moto X is flawless, my Nexus 5 is flawless, and now my iPhone 6 is flawless. I'm not one to get offended easily but you're annoying the crap out of me. I posted this thread to help people, and you're derailing it with your stupid comments. Keep your moronic opinions to yourself.

11. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

That's fine, my mistake. I apologize.

No need to get snippy with the comments at the end though. I wasn't trying to personally attack you or anything. Again I apologize if you took it that way. I worked a number of years in retail during college and there were customers that would complain and return stuff over and over again and I realize that in this case it was different. That is why I commented the way I did.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Let's stay civil, folks. Thanks. I still have a pocketful of warnings.

13. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Understood and accepted, and I too apologize for what I said.

14. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

People arguing about a stupid phone!!

15. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Nobody is arguing about a phone. But it's over with, everybody apologized so there is no need to comment on it any further.

@Napoleon PhoneApart- would you mind deleting all the off topic and non constructive posts? Thanks.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Let's move on. Thanks. I'm getting grumpy, so I'd better hit Subway soon for all your sakes. :D:D:D

17. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Definitely Anal!! I am the same way and agree with the OP 100% as I would have done the same thing. Keep exchanging until the problem is rectified.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But don't stomp your feet and demand free stuff. Act like an adult. :)

19. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I would only stomp my feet for you @Napoleon PhoneApart

20. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Will you share one with me?