PSA for those of you with SIM trays that aren't flush

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
I read a couple complaints here from people whose SIM trays weren't flush with the body of the phone, mine was like that too. It was super annoying for me because I could feel it every time I held my phone, and as nitpicky as it is, a $900 phone shouldn't have that problem. Well I have some great news- I went to the Apple Store just now and they gave me a new tray that is PERFECTLY flush with the body of my phone. I am now a happy camper. So if your SIM tray isn't flush and it annoys you to no end, take it in to the Apple Store and they should take care of you.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
I haven't even looked at the SIM tray.
I'm very anal with my tech toys, if they aren't flawless then I'll keep exchanging them until I get a perfect one. I really can't convey in words how much it bothered me that my sim tray wasn't flush with the rest of the body. It was just one of those things that once I noticed it, I couldn't get past it.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I'm very anal with my tech toys, if they aren't flawless then I'll keep exchanging them until I get a perfect one. I really can't convey in words how much it bothered me that my sim tray wasn't flush with the rest of the body. It was just one of those things that once I noticed it, I couldn't get past it.
Probably the definition of "obsessive compulsive".

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Yeah, but eventually it comes to an obsessive behavior not an "anal" behavior. How many phones have you returned in your life? Every iPhone that I have had since launch has been acceptable to me.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
Yeah, but eventually it comes to an obsessive behavior not an "anal" behavior. How many phones have you returned in your life? Every iPhone that I have had since launch has been acceptable to me.
It's not obsessive compulsive when there are legitimate defects with the product.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, it's definetly just being anal. I'm not sure why you're giving him a hard time about this. Maybe you just haven't had one that is defective yet. Your SIM tray isn't misaligned, so it's difficult to say if it would bother you enough to get the tray swapped out or not. It might catch or feel weird when you're holding it. It's free, so why not get a new one that isn't defective? Being misaligned might allow debris to get in the phone or decrease the resale value.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
It was more the comment about I'll keep returning them until they are flawless. It sounds to me that there will always be "something" that won't make it flawless.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
It was more the comment about I'll keep returning them until they are flawless. It sounds to me that there will always be "something" that won't make it flawless.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.
No. I don't know how you got "I'll always find something that won't make it flawless" from "I'll keep exchanging until I get one that's flawless". My expectations are reasonable and my definition of flawless is the same one that's in the dictionary. My Moto X is flawless, my Nexus 5 is flawless, and now my iPhone 6 is flawless. I'm not one to get offended easily but you're annoying the crap out of me. I posted this thread to help people, and you're derailing it with your stupid comments. Keep your moronic opinions to yourself.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
No. I don't know how you got "I'll always find something that won't make it flawless" from "I'll keep exchanging until I get one that's flawless". My expectations are reasonable and my definition of flawless is the same one that's in the dictionary. My Moto X is flawless, my Nexus 5 is flawless, and now my iPhone 6 is flawless. I'm not one to get offended easily but you're annoying the crap out of me. I posted this thread to help people, and you're derailing it with your stupid comments. Keep your moronic opinions to yourself.
That's fine, my mistake. I apologize.

No need to get snippy with the comments at the end though. I wasn't trying to personally attack you or anything. Again I apologize if you took it that way. I worked a number of years in retail during college and there were customers that would complain and return stuff over and over again and I realize that in this case it was different. That is why I commented the way I did.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014

No need to get snippy with the comments at the end though. I wasn't trying to personally attack you or anything. Again I apologize if you took it that way. I worked a number of years in retail during college and there were customers that would complain and return stuff over and over again and I realize that in this case it was different. That is why I commented the way I did.
Understood and accepted, and I too apologize for what I said.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Definitely Anal!! I am the same way and agree with the OP 100% as I would have done the same thing. Keep exchanging until the problem is rectified.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com

But don't stomp your feet and demand free stuff. Act like an adult. :)
I would only stomp my feet for you @Napoleon PhoneApart