PSX emulator out

sab3083

Oct 4, 2007
well looks like the playstation emulator is out. anyone try it out yet? idled it, but i have to go to work, so i don't have time to put any games on it yet

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yeah I need to find the roms first ... then ill let you know thats always the hardest part of this emulator thing ...

Dec 1, 2007
I tried it guys. But sad to say it still needs a hell lota work, its really freezy the images and the sound is not so nice yet and it only supports some games upto this moment. But i hope and wish it will be great in the end. Its a start. I'd say keep up the good work.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Let this one stay in the oven a little longer guys, there's nothing to see here except an exercise in google searches and file transfers.

I wouldn't have released this version tbh.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
yes, I saw it in installer. Don't you need the bios file for it to work?

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
i just finished putting 12 parts of FFVII disc 1 it gives me this
BIOS NOT FOUND scph1001.bin

EDITED: looks good but slow and sluggish but for this small devices playing this stuff it pretti impressive

2nd edited: its really sloooooooowwwwwwww... but still very impressive!

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
isn't this method only good if youre using a mac. is there a method for windows users?

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
PSX emulator

If you have the Application Loader I believe formerly called AppTapp (sorry i have been out of the loop for a couple of months) loaded on your phone it's been put there from one of the sources.

Then use ibrickr or Manzana to put the scph1001.bin file in the "/Applications/psx4all.app/" folder as well as for creating the folder "ROMs". The ROMs folder is where you will load the actual games. Manzana is the program window uses to drop and drag files to the iPhone whereas Mac uses Fugu. I hope that helps. It's not very detailed but with this and the actual tutorial you should be able to work your way through it.

The ability to play PS games on you phone is sweet! I can't wait until it's gets sped up, graphics look great!

isn't this method only good if youre using a mac. is there a method for windows users?

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Quick Q... Is there any way to get the ROM'S smaller than say... 200mb...? All the ROM's I've seen are no smaller than 200mb to 400mb. Is this right?

EDIT: Well, Just found out that most of the ROM's are this size. Now the only question is where to find more .BIN ROM's.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Anyone get FFVII to work fully? Just curious, I'm obsessed with the game and would like to hear how well the iPhone can handle it :)

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
.BIN Files

Q: Are the Roms that you have found actuall .BIN files after you have extracted them? The ones that I have found don't have the .BIN extension and in that case what I do is just change the file extension to .BIN. However this method gives me extremely slow game play. I will try and find an actual ROM with the extension .BIN and see if this improves game play but if you having trouble finding ones with the proper extension just rename the file with .BIN extension.

Quick Q... Is there any way to get the ROM'S smaller than say... 200mb...? All the ROM's I've seen are no smaller than 200mb to 400mb. Is this right?

EDIT: Well, Just found out that most of the ROM's are this size. Now the only question is where to find more .BIN ROM's.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Anyone get FFVII to work fully? Just curious, I'm obsessed with the game and would like to hear how well the iPhone can handle it :)
FFVII is actually playable, but requires that you download a save-state to progress past the games internal copy protection from what the Beta Testers have stated.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
it works but it just shuts off for no reason every once in awhile but its really nice i got to say but after it shuts off even if i try to resume it doesn't work out really well so just hope all this will soon be fix heh

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
thanks for the replies guys it seems as though there is something really tempting for me to hack my iPhone for :)