pulling this all together

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So i've been looking at articles and scanning the forum for articles talking
about this generation 2 iPhone. I need your help...I am not asking you if you think its worth waiting for the second generation or not...im just trying to get the estimates and the rumors straight so i go into my decision clearly.

I am a guy who likes a generation 2 phone, this is however if its not a year from now. If i knew that the iPhone 2 was coming out next august, i would get the current iPhone, at that point i would have gotten more a less a year of use from my current and then i would deal with the phone for another year until i could get my upgrade. But you don't really need to hear my logic, not useful to you.

What i want to know and I know we don't know for sure, but is the most up to date rumor that at mac world in February he will release the generation 2, which will be up for sale several days later. Or would you think it will be like last year, where the phone was announced and then sold much later. I am confused about this because i have read articles that have tons of dates and im not sure the order anymore and what to anticipate if anything.

I just am hoping anyone who reads this thread might be able to weigh in and add their opinion on this specific topic, not whether its going to be a nano or what the options will be. Their prediction of the likelihood of what i said above. I realize this is mostly opinion, but thats what im asking for. Thanks

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well, I'm on a T-mobile contract until Sept. 08, I have 4 people on contract with TMo so I am VERY patiently waiting for the last of our contracts to end in that month and I will finally become a happy iPhone owner.

With that being said, I'm glad to see many many people here that are happy with their iPhones and there are hundreds of threads about troubleshooting, defective devices and people just plain pissed it doesn't have this or that.

So on the down side for me I don't yet own an iPhone, but on the upside I get to kick back and watch everything unfolding and learning as much as possible from EIP.com, hopefully when my time comes the phone will have all the kinks worked out and hopefully a version 2 faster, better, etc. etc.

Sucks not to have one now, but I KNOW the date I will be getting one and it's somewhat exciting to follow all this news and all the speculation of new phones soon or within a year, wonder what may happen on iPhone's 1 year anniversary?

;)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah im just trying to figure this out...The soonest i could get an iPhone would be the end of November, but if the 2nd generation is coming out February i feel it would be worth waiting. Thats what im trying to address here...do u have any speculation?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
You're gonna hear several people here tell you "if you wait for the next best thing you'll never have anything" and I believe that to an extent, you see I'm not just waiting on the next iPhone, If I didn't have to pay $800 just to get out of contract I would have an iPhone right now, no doubt about it...I have a set date that I will plan on my purchase.

Do I speculate? Sure. More people are probably gonna tell you that a new iPhone is not coming out within a years time, hell, I've heard people say 2 years, I don't believe that is true.

So if you're asking me what I think, or when I think a new version of iPhone will release, V.2 perhaps, I'd have to guess possibly feburary or on the iPhones first anniversary *shrugs* but who knows?

Come september of 08 I may be purchasing the same iPhone that everyone is using as of now, or I will be in your situation wondering should I wait another six months and see what happens, that part I am not looking forward to! hehe, because I'm anal like that and have to have the newest!:p

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
i am definently someone who has to have the lastest as well, but i would be completely satisfied with a v2 iPhone...even if v3 came out a year after i got it. thats why im trying to see if i wanna wait for v2, where i know i won't need to upgrade or just get v1 soon.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Best thing to do is just wait until Apple anounces something, anything else is speculating and can be frustrating!

Noone will know anything until Apple wants you to know something...;)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Best thing to do is just wait until Apple anounces something, anything else is speculating and can be frustrating!

Noone will know anything until Apple wants you to know something...;)
exactly, thats what i plan on doing