Purchase Untethered JailBreak for iPhone 4S Legit?

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Had anyone ever heard of this? Not sure if I should post here with the link so mods if not please delete. I don't think I should have to pay $20 for a JailBreak but if this is legit I may jump on it. Any advice on this or should I just wait?

Edit: Sorry, title should be "Untethered"

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Had anyone ever heard of this? Not sure if I should post here with the link so mods if not please delete. I don't think I should have to pay $20 for a JailBreak but if this is legit I may jump on it. Any advice on this or should I just wait?

[Scam link removed]

Edit: Sorry, title should be "Untethered"

It's a scam, stay clear of these websites. All jailbreaks and unlocks are free :)

Last edited by a moderator:

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Thanks a lot Warrior. I kind of figuered this was kinda shady. My buddy is about to order this so I sent him an iMessage to leave it alone. He is dead set on thinking its legit. SMH.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You shouldn't purchase it even if it was legit. Why pay for anything like this? Waste of money.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
You shouldn't purchase it even if it was legit. Why pay for anything like this? Waste of money.
If it was legit and I could get my iPhone 4S Jailbroken now for $20 I would do it. It would be worth it to me. But that's just me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks a lot Warrior. I kind of figuered this was kinda shady. My buddy is about to order this so I sent him an iMessage to leave it alone. He is dead set on thinking its legit. SMH.
You're welcome ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Your friend might need to learn the hard way. Unfortunately, there is no way to get a refund for a software product (even if it's purchased through PayPal), so these scammers make an easy $20 each time someone falls for it.

Tell him that we are 100% certain that it's a scam. The hackers who make legitimate jailbreak tools have always provided them for free. We can easily tell when a real jailbreak is released because it will be posted on their websites and in Twitter - and it will be BIG news on all of the iPhone forums.

I edited your post and removed the link.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Your friend might need to learn the hard way. Unfortunately, there is no way to get a refund for a software product (even if it's purchased through PayPal), so these scammers make an easy $20 each time someone falls for it.

Tell him that we are 100% certain that it's a scam. The hackers who make legitimate jailbreak tools have always provided them for free. We can easily tell when a real jailbreak is released because it will be posted on their websites and in Twitter - and it will be BIG news on all of the iPhone forums.

I edited your post and removed the link.
Thanks Europa. He sent me a message back saying that he is not going to buy it now. But you are right, if he wasn't going to listen he would have learned the hard way. He is new to the iPhone so he wants a Jailbreak pretty bad but I advised him to just hold off. I also sent him to this forum so he can brush up. Hopefully he takes that advice also.