Purchased 4S through AT&T. Never charged.

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Donnybrooke, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Donnybrooke

Donnybrooke Member
    Bronze

I purchased my iPhone 4S at 4am ET on preorder day. I tried to get it through Apple, but after many attempts went to the AT&T site. They instantly charged my bank card for the full amount. I saw on this site that they charged many people, but the money was back in there accounts the next day. My money never went back into my account. I really did not care since I put money from my savings in there to pay for the phone. On the day they shipped the phone my money was put back in my account. I had the phone now since friday and really still did not pay for it. Did anyone else not get billed for their phone?

2. rollinfromhell

Gold

I didn't last year.. keep checking everyday, it took almost a week for them to hit my account. They had so many preorders last year as well, so that's probably why they haven't charged you. If your not charged by next Tuesday or Wednesday, I would give them a call.

3. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Pretty much same here. I was charged a few minutes after my order & money was back in my account next day. Up to this point haven't been charged yet.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

For those of you that are having this issue, I'm betting you used a Debit card rather than a Credit Card. What they essentially did was pre-authorize everything. They do this on credit cards too, basically create a "reserve," and then actually charge it when shipped. I would bet that because release day was on Friday, most of you that had this happen will see the money come out of your account today or tomorrow at the latest.

And to the person who said, call them if they don't charge you soon, are you kidding? If AT&T can't get their crap in order to charge me for something like this, I'll just assume they'll make their money soon enough off the excessive texting fees they charge.