Purchased Invisible Shield for 3G iPhone

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Just finished a transaction for a new Invisible Shield from Zagg for a 2nd Gen 3G iPhone. There were no pics but the description was as stated above. Ships at the end of June which means I will have to be real careful with my new phone until I get the shield. (One can dream can't we) :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just finished a transaction for a new Invisible Shield from Zagg for a 2nd Gen 3G iPhone. There were no pics but the description was as stated above. Ships at the end of June which means I will have to be real careful with my new phone until I get the shield. (One can dream can't we) :)

Sounds like perhaps they got a mold/dummy for creating the Invisible Shield. I think I might jump on this. Just installed the IS on my MacBook Air and it rocks.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
It may also be the case that production of the skins is exceedingly simple and so once the phone is released, they will go into full production mode to churn out the skins pronto. Makes sense since they give late June as a time frame, the latest we expect the phone to be released.

Jun 4, 2008
should I even try to find something other that the IS?

Hi, I plan on getting the 2nd gen iPhone when it comes out, and of course I want to keep it pretty. I've heard great stuff about the invisible shield but I just wanted everyone's input whether or not I should even consider any other product to protect my soon to be iPhone 2.

alexander

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It may also be the case that production of the skins is exceedingly simple and so once the phone is released, they will go into full production mode to churn out the skins pronto. Makes sense since they give late June as a time frame, the latest we expect the phone to be released.
I vote for this.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Sounds like perhaps they got a mold/dummy for creating the Invisible Shield. I think I might jump on this. Just installed the IS on my MacBook Air and it rocks.
chris got an Air....cool...you rock dude....did yah try to load a cd yet....lol

~Chris...

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Bodyguards fully body shield is better in my opinion.

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I actually just thought that maybe when I get my iPhone I'll just get an invisible shield to set on it?- bad idea?
I have the invisi shield on my current iPhone and also my mac book pro.
It is the only type of protection I have ever had on them and it is great.
My wife had some kind of gel shield on her phone and sand would get under it and scratch it. She now has an invisi shield on hers and loves it. Highly recommend the shield. If you wanted to change the look you could put a different cover over the shield and it would protect it from getting scratched.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I use invisi shield on most of my stuff. I like it and it also makes the "slippery" iPhone a little easier to grip. I think bodyguard is the same from what I've seen. One difference I believe is bodyguard ships you 2 covers incase you have to replace. Where invisi shield ships only one but offers lifetime replacement anytime you damage or have to remove your shield (just mail in the old and they'll sen you another). Double check before you take me word on that.

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Ok well most likely the iPhone will not have any delays and will come out June 9th or within the week. But they probably say end of june because they will need to get a hold of one of the 2nd gen iPhones make a mold and mass produce them...so thats why i think they are shipping them out at the end of june.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I have an invisible shield on my iPod Video and its worked for 2 years, only bad thing is I've never touch my iPods actual "skin", its been covered up since birth :(

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Why would you buy a case for an unreleased product? Yeah, I'm sure they have the dimensions and everything, but still, what if it doesn't fit? I dunno.

Joe

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Why would you buy a case for an unreleased product? Yeah, I'm sure they have the dimensions and everything, but still, what if it doesn't fit? I dunno.

Joe
Bought one for the first gen iPhone and it fit ok but I called Shied Zone and said there were a couple small issues with the way it fit over the back and they sent me a new one plus 2 spares. They are great with customer service and really take care of you. If there are any issues with the new one I can at least put it on until I get the new one.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

Joe
I think people buy based on past experience. Zagg (new name of company I guess) has a great track record. Having just completed my Air IS install, I was pleasantly surprised about the product improvements. My old iPod install was a pain in the neck. The combination of the included spray and squeegee makes a big difference. They wouldn't ruin that reputation by shipping an inferior product. I'm going to check out their site today and see what they are charging for the 3G iPhone shield.

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
I very much enjoy my Invisible Shield for my T-Mobile Shadow. As soon as I purchase the new iPhone I will be sure to purchase another shield for that.

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Chris-
The price for the complete body shield is $25 but if you google promo code for zagg you get a coupon for 20% off. I believe the code was pcworld20 I agree the their product has definitely improved and they are very responsive to any problems you might have.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Nice, I love my invisible sheild. I have had them on all my ipods and the iPhone. I want to get it early that way I can actually put it on and have it settle before I use the phone. That was soooooo hard not using the phone the first time. I think I wont even activate the new one till this one is on.