Purchased Invisible Shield for 3G iPhone

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I just got mine today at Best Buy. I was surprised to see it there. Anyways, it doesn't seem to cover the whole front screen. It seems to be a bit smaller, then the whole front screen. I double checked it, and it says for the 3G. I never used this product before and I'm quite surprised it's not fitting the whole front.

I really haven't had a chance to check it out yet, as it's still off and maybe later today I'll report back on it. Putting it on seems easy enough but I see a few very small bubbles here and there and and few lines. It does feel a bit rubberly, not as smooth as the anti-glare one I also bought from Best Buy the other day before this purchase.

MoFunz

Jun 27, 2008
Im a newbie iPhone owner, so I had lots of questions about the Invisible Shield. I ended up buying one the other day at a local Zagg dealer who also installed the product for me. I love it! My thoughts:

- The front doesn't cover the whole screen. Im ok with this, it covers enough of it to keep me from worrying.
- There were be bubbles right away. All of the bubbles that were there immediately afterward have since disappeared.
- The touch screen is way more responsive IMHO than with the screen protector included with the rubber case AT&T had on launch day. It's a little tacky at times, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting.
- I found the Griffin Elan Case at Best Buy yesterday, and while the Phone will technically fit in the clip with the Invisible Shield on, it's way too tight. The phone does not slide in/out with ease. If you were patient and wanted to stretch out the case a bit Im sure you could make it work eventually, but I'll be returning this bad larry and sticking the phone directly into my pocket.
- If you put the phone in your pocket, you're going to get pocket lint where the edges of the shield are. Im not sure whether this will resolve itself, or if it will carry on indefinitely. Either way, its not a big enough deal to stop using Invisible Shield.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Ok Invisible shield is going back. Takes more effort to scroll with it. I just don't like the feel of it. It's too rubberly for my taste. It might be more durable then that cheap anti-glare one I bought but at least that one is smoother to slide against with my fingers. I'm gonna keep looking for something that is durable, but does not have a rubberly feel to it. It just feels like running my fingers through a plastic wrap.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I just tried to put on an IS today on the back of the phone, but could not get it lined up properly. Also, the IS is a total lint magnet and picked up lint on the sticky side preventing me from getting a good, clean application. It seems like a nice product, just to complicated to install for me. My phone has been durable, so I will likely go naked except for an anti-glare screen protector.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I just tried to put on an IS today on the back of the phone, but could not get it lined up properly. Also, the IS is a total lint magnet and picked up lint on the sticky side preventing me from getting a good, clean application. It seems like a nice product, just to complicated to install for me. My phone has been durable, so I will likely go naked except for an anti-glare screen protector.
You should check and see if there are any ZAGG stores near you. If you take it in, they'll actually install it for you.

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Luckily for me I have a ZAGG stand right on front of the Apple Store at the mall near me.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
You should check and see if there are any ZAGG stores near you. If you take it in, they'll actually install it for you.
The closest one to me is in the Irvine Spectrum and that is 71 miles away!