Purchasing next month

ngaged1

Mar 20, 2007
I am purchasing a new 3g iPhone next month and I wanted to do a side-by-side comparison of the 3g iPhone and the older model. Is there a site that can provide that side-by-side comparison? I tried to find one with no luck.:eek:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Type this in the goggle search bar: 3g iPhone vs iPhone. The first link is what your looking for

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
What kind of a comparison do you want? Just physical differences? The new 3G version is twice to three times as fast as the original, but it uses twice as much battery. You have to decide whether the download speeds are worth the difference in battery life.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
^^
btw is the battery life really that bad:eek:
-As I've been hearing cause I've heard some wicked crazy stories around EiC of how some people would wake up at like 7:00 and by 11:30 they would be needing a re-charge soon :eek:

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It really isn't that bad.
Its all about what you use apparently. I personally wont be using gps (most of the time), bluetooth, wifi (only when i am at home), and from what i've heard battery life is better than v1 with these things disabled.
its time...to prioritize!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
^^
btw is the battery life really that bad:eek:
-As I've been hearing cause I've heard some wicked crazy stories around EiC of how some people would wake up at like 7:00 and by 11:30 they would be needing a re-charge soon :eek:
People that use them with the standard apps running (GPS, Wifi), are having to plug it in by early afternoon in many cases. I typically use my first gen 2.5 days before it has to be plugged in to charge.

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
People that use them with the standard apps running (GPS, Wifi), are having to plug it in by early afternoon in many cases. I typically use my first gen 2.5 days before it has to be plugged in to charge.
serious, 2 and a half days, I'm lucky if I make it to 1 on a good day, but I'm always checking mail or watching movies@work. Is that 2.5 days with talk time?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
but isn't that the point of having the world greatest multimedia phone. If I'm not gonna play with movies web or iTunes then I should have got another crackberry , right!?!
Well, I don't know. From your sig I would say you are an Apple fan.:laugh2: I was just stating a fact that movies will drain a battery quick. I would think if you watch a 90 min movie on any phone it would have pretty good battery drain. Might be wrong though.

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
Well, I don't know. From your sig I would say you are an Apple fan.:laugh2: I was just stating a fact that movies will drain a battery quick. I would think if you watch a 90 min movie on any phone it would have pretty good battery drain. Might be wrong though.
oh yeah steve is definitely jobbing me. but honestly i guess it gets to me when people just get the iPhone to just, i guess, talk. lol whats the point , just for status, i guess, anywho. im not calling you out just adding my insight.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
oh yeah steve is definitely jobbing me. but honestly i guess it gets to me when people just get the iPhone to just, i guess, talk. lol whats the point , just for status, i guess, anywho. im not calling you out just adding my insight.
Lol.
yes, I hate that too. When people buy an iPhone to, like, talk.
/sarcasm...:laugh2:

First and foremost, it's a phone. Then should come the other features.

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
but see my whole thing is that for v1 its the features that make the phone, most of you v1'ers no that edge sometimes wont even let u get your call, i knew that going in, but i was stoked abut all the cool stuff i could do on a dope platform. if i wanted to talk all day i would go back to my v3i razr, or even a curve. so i get tiffed when i see someone got a iPhone(v1) for status and wont use the multimedia to its full potential. like say a hand full of songs and like one movie!

all your fragile minds are made up to disprove me in this thread, that fine, but don't all jump on a bandwagon at once someone has to sit in the middle and we all know what thats called,.../sarcasm

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
but see my whole thing is that for v1 its the features that make the phone, most of you v1'ers no that edge sometimes wont even let u get your call, i knew that going in, but i was stoked abut all the cool stuff i could do on a dope platform. if i wanted to talk all day i would go back to my v3i razr, or even a curve. so i get tiffed when i see someone got a iPhone(v1) for status and wont use the multimedia to its full potential. like say a hand full of songs and like one movie!

all your fragile minds are made up to disprove me in this thread, that fine, but don't all jump on a bandwagon at once someone has to sit in the middle and we all know what thats called,.../sarcasm
I can understand your idea. However, my decision is my own. Not a bandwagon choice. I'm not quite sure on you're specifics though:

You say that people who buy the phone for it's phone feature makes them jump on the bandwagon? What does that make everyone else in the world who buys a phone?

Honestly, how could anyone justify a 600 dollar purchase on a crappy phone? They can't. The phone feature cannot be sub-par in that sense.

Now I respect your opinion, and in many senses you are right. The iPhone does have an amazing OS with intuitive controls. Amazing apps as well. But I sure as hell won't be dropping 70 dollars a month just to watch Youtube or surf the net. I have a computer at home. It can do both. But the iPhone is amazing because it is a phone.:laugh2: Anyways, I don't want you to take this the wrong way.:)

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I enjoy the phone, It entertains me on the subway and just keeps me active on the internet. I have actually begun using email as a source of communication to some of my friends and other colleges at work. I sign up for newsletters and more now. The whole GPS is something i really have no use for. I live in NYC so basically always know where I am and if not a quick check on maps will set me straight. Whatever you payed whether it was 600 or 400, It was completely worth it. only phone I ever had that basically made it to a one year mark.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I enjoy the phone, It entertains me on the subway and just keeps me active on the internet. I have actually begun using email as a source of communication to some of my friends and other colleges at work. I sign up for newsletters and more now. The whole GPS is something i really have no use for. I live in NYC so basically always know where I am and if not a quick check on maps will set me straight. Whatever you payed whether it was 600 or 400, It was completely worth it. only phone I ever had that basically made it to a one year mark.
It truly is a fantastic phone. I think my time test will be a little more extensive though. My current phone has lasted me 5 years!:p

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
5 years on one phone - Ive had a cellphone since they only came in a bag the size of a suitcase, I had that one for almost 2 years cause there was nothing else to buy. or different for that matter. first one i had had a battery life of 2 hrs - talk time of like 20 min if you were lucky. before the iPhone i was constantly changing phones to get the smallest, newest, etc. - now havethe coolest phone ever - and no suitcase.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
5 years on one phone - Ive had a cellphone since they only came in a bag the size of a suitcase, I had that one for almost 2 years cause there was nothing else to buy. or different for that matter. first one i had had a battery life of 2 hrs - talk time of like 20 min if you were lucky. before the iPhone i was constantly changing phones to get the smallest, newest, etc. - now havethe coolest phone ever - and no suitcase.
My friend. You were jipped. No suitcase with your iPhone?
You were supposed to get the iCase, the only suitcase that can't hold anything! It can watch Youtube, surf the net, but no suitcase abilities. Don't worry, it will be addressed in a later update!

:laugh2: