Pure Genius - Guinness Style

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Apart from producing the lovely dark liquid that fills a pint glass so nicely, Guinness have always done quirky and funny adverts. This is their latest one and it's superb - it shows a community coming together to create the mother of all domino-toppling spectacles - which includes cars, flaming hay bales and grandfather clocks. And … one heck of a beautiful ending :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Haha that was an awesome commercial. They really do have some marketing and advertising geniuses over at Guinness. And they have delicious beer.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Man, that's a beautiful pint. Only thing missing is the shamrock in the head ...
I know...I came really close to going to the store to buy some Guinness after I saw this thread. Heck, I still might go...LOL.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
unfortunately Guinness isn't cheap so being a college student i go the Natural Light route.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Ouch - times are bad if you're on that - I had to turn away from the screen!
Long time ago, in hard times, used to drink Hofmeister - their slogan was 'Follow The Bear' and they had a big, goofy bear as mascot - I think you were meant to follow the bear in order to collect his piss, because that is roughly how it tasted, lot like Natty Light really ...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
you can pm me to send money to my paypal account.

just think of it as sponsoring an ethiopean child except i live in america, and the money is for beer..

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
you can pm me to send money to my paypal account.

just think of it as sponsoring an ethiopean child except i live in america, and the money is for beer..
I'm on it!
Just in case there's any delay, you may want to start drawing a good beer. Make it look icy cold, good head on it :laugh2:

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Ok, just to do a quick little survey here; how many of you Guinness lovers here do and do not have some Irish in you? I'm still working on the theory that only those with at least a little Irish in them actually like Guinness, hehe. :laugh2:It seems to me that the only people I've come across that truly hate Guinness are those with no Irish in them!

Anyway, long live Guinness!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i definitely am Irish.

i didn't feel comfortable saying "i have irish in me"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've often wondered why people embed youtube clips as flash on this site. Aren't a lot of us surfing here on our iPhones? Give us the link!

p.s. saw it on the desktop... brilliant... they've done a lot of good ads in the past, look them up!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Ok, just to do a quick little survey here; how many of you Guinness lovers here do and do not have some Irish in you? I'm still working on the theory that only those with at least a little Irish in them actually like Guinness, hehe. :laugh2:It seems to me that the only people I've come across that truly hate Guinness are those with no Irish in them!

Anyway, long live Guinness!
I don't have a lick of Irish in me...I'm pure Dutch. But I love my Guinness. Maybe I'm an exception to the rule :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would have to say I'm another exception. Primarily English and Italian but gotta love the Irish beers.