Purplera1n/redsn0w Problems...

Knux3GS

Aug 4, 2009
New York
Soooo I just updated to 3.0.1. on my iPhone and it unjailbroke my phone. So i go to purplera1n to rejailbreak it and it gets stuck on the picture of the purplerain guy leaning on the ipod...i tried it 3 times and it always gets stuck there.. Is this because it willnot work on the 3.0.1?

thinking that was the case i tried to rejailbreak my phone with redsn0w... i go all the way through everything and am waiting for the phone to reboot and to see the little pineApple running emblem which would tell me its been jailbroken... nothing happens it just goes to the stock unlock screen and cydia nor icy are in my phone.. wtf? Grrr so many problems lately.. any ideas..

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
purplera1n does not work with 3.0.1 and geohot (its creator) has announced he will not be trying to make it work in future either - see HERE for his blog post on that.

redsn0w (Version 0.8 I believe) does work for sure with 3.0.1 - but you'll need to have the 3.0 firmware .ipsw file on hand and use that when jailbreaking with redsn0w after you've updated to 3.0.1.

Knux3GS

Aug 4, 2009
New York
I Just restored my phone to factory to get rid of any remnants of purplera1n and I'm trying redsn0w again... I have downloaded the correct firmware 3.0 and Im doing everything it says to do.. Im in the middle of it right now hope it works.. Thank you.. Il post up again if doesn't work.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I Just restored my phone to factory to get rid of any remnants of purplera1n and I'm trying redsn0w again... I have downloaded the correct firmware 3.0 and Im doing everything it says to do.. Im in the middle of it right now hope it works.. Thank you.. Il post up again if doesn't work.
But you restored to 3.0.1 right? You need to be on that prior to running redsn0w.

Knux3GS

Aug 4, 2009
New York
Damnit it does not work... it goes alltheway through up until your suppose to see the pineApple redsn0w emblem and it just reboots and goes to the main unlock screen and no cydia or icy..?WTF? any ideas..

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com