Push and fetch 4S

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
My 4S has my gMail and also my me.com iCloud account. I have push notifications set for my Mail app. The gMail fetches hourly and the iCloud is set for push. How can my gMail get setup so I can get emails the second they come in like on iCloud?

Should I forward my emails to my iCloud account?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I personally stayed away from using email push on the iPhone because of the battery it wastes. People will tell you it's not that bad, but it depends on how much email you get in a day.
I use Push for Gmail app. It uses the Notifications to let me know when an email has been received. Kind of like a text, and I can either open mail or dismiss it. It also allows for "quiet times" so you don't get notified, like when you are sleeping.
But to answer the root of your question, technically, when you open your native mail app, ALL accounts should be automatically checking for mail. I have 2 accounts on my phone and only one is set for Push for Gmail. But if I open email after getting a notification, the other account automagically download any new messages into it's inbox as well. If you aren't seeing that happen, you might want to play around with your settings.

PS - Verwon, your avatar is driving me crazy!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
I personally stayed away from using email push on the iPhone because of the battery it wastes. People will tell you it's not that bad, but it depends on how much email you get in a day.
I use Push for Gmail app. It uses the Notifications to let me know when an email has been received. Kind of like a text, and I can either open mail or dismiss it. It also allows for "quiet times" so you don't get notified, like when you are sleeping.
But to answer the root of your question, technically, when you open your native mail app, ALL accounts should be automatically checking for mail. I have 2 accounts on my phone and only one is set for Push for Gmail. But if I open email after getting a notification, the other account automagically download any new messages into it's inbox as well. If you aren't seeing that happen, you might want to play around with your settings.

PS - Verwon, your avatar is driving me crazy!
? That's really me!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I did assume that. :) A very sexy looking pic. For some reason I keep thinking whipped cream...
But this is a family forum and you're on the other side of the US, so I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

.But still a damn hot pic