push down

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
is push notifications down? im getting IM's within the program..but out of the program..no messages...I've been using beejive...
I tried aim also..same thing..no notifications...
I restarted my phone and checked to make sure push notifications are on..all is fine...anyone else having this problem

NYC area..

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...seems fine here, Atlanta, GA. And I'm using the latest version of Beejive.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
...seems fine here, Atlanta, GA. And I'm using the latest version of Beejive.
same here, using the newest version. I have asked around other places and its the same..no push in NYC for now..don't know why its only affecting here and not anywhere else...must be a problem with the push servers...

Slone

Jul 29, 2009
Jamaica
Just checked. No push for me using the latest Beejive. I'm in Jamaica if it matters.

Slone

Jul 29, 2009
Jamaica
Push is working for me now.

Don't mean to turn this into a debate about the merits of Beejive but I'm very disappointed by the fact that free clients (AIM and eBuddy) are more reliable than something we pay $10 for. We didn't even get a message from the developers saying that there would be problems. Seems like once they get our money they care **** all about their costumers.

duvi

Bronze
Jul 19, 2009
In the future
www.twitter.com
Been having issues with both BeeJiveIM and IM+.

Slone... to make you feel better about the $10, it may be an Apple thing as someone on another forum mentioned AIM users as well.

I believe it's for the IM clients. I'm getting push for other things.

jopiej

Bronze
Jun 19, 2009
Planet Earth
it's back. Just tried it now. I think its an error in Apple server side.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Yes, the network was down yesterday. I'm in New Jersey and I see that the OP is from NY and some others are also from NY. I was told by an Apple Rep, after I called yesterday from a Landline, that the 3G network was down and they were working on it.

Here's my story:
My other co-workers had various problems as well with their 3GS's. It was weird. I could make calls but the person on the other end could not hear me. It was so frustrating. When I called Apple, the rep had a lot of solutions for me. Sync my phone and Restore the phone, get a new Sim card, reset the network settings, make an appt at the Genius bar. She tried to call me on my phone and it didn't work after we did a reset of the network settings. We went through a lot of solutions and none of them worked. Did all this as I had to talk to her from the Landline. (ICK!)

Nothing worked so I made my appt at the Genius bar and I went about my businesss. A few minutes later she called me back on my iPhone, which she couldn't hear me on and she told me,
"I know I can't hear you, but please listen. Your phone is fine, the 3G network is down in the NY NJ area, our work around right now is for you to put your phone on the Edge network for 24 hours until we fix this problem."

Wow! that was great. I put my phone on the Edge network, I told my fellow iPhoneians, they put their phones on the Edge network also. She called me back and we had a conference call with her and the other co-workers who have iPhones. Talk about service! The non iPhoneians were a bit jealous at the level of service Apple had given me. Some of them were following the entire saga. Joking us the whole tiime until I got that call. Verizon never did that for any of them! HA!

Those co-workers were bad mouthing the iPhone relentlessly. It's a piece of crap that's why i don't have one blah blah blah. I had to deal with the barage of insults for a bit until the call from Apple and then a little later the network straightened up. But all those folks wish they had an iPhone. They know it! Poor fools. LOL!

But, basically, none of your problems were the fault of the App or the JB or whatever problem you had yesterday, it was the 3G network as per Apple.

It's cool today though.