Push Email through Mobipush

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
I am just wondering if anybody has tried this program on another smartphone running windows mobile. I am thinking that now that the iPhone will have activsync that we can setup our gmail or other email account on Mobipush and have our email pushed to our iPhones. Mobipush is a free utility that works for all devices with push capabilities. www.mobipush.com I personally have not tried it yet, but plan on it as soon as I get the iPhone this friday

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I am just wondering if anybody has tried this program on another smartphone running windows mobile. I am thinking that now that the iPhone will have activsync that we can setup our gmail or other email account on Mobipush and have our email pushed to our iPhones. Mobipush is a free utility that works for all devices with push capabilities. www.mobipush.com I personally have not tried it yet, but plan on it as soon as I get the iPhone this friday
I went to the site and the link for "more supported devices" didn't work. With exchange support coming, the ISP's will open their servers up for push just like they have done with Blackberries, so it will only be a matter of time before email push is available on the iPhone where you won't need to pay 3rd party providers.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i assumed all major email accounts had push email, i know yahoo does and thats what i use

S

Starry

Didn't work for me.... :( I Use Gmail and Yahoo mostly but I still manage to get my emails better to leave well enough alone LOL

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
i assumed all major email accounts had push email, i know yahoo does and thats what i use
I know yahoo has push, but gmail does not at this point. Gmail has IMAP, which is not true push. Mobipush is a free third party provider that has a constant connection to your gmail account. You setup your email account on mobipushand then setup the mobipush server under activesync and your email come to your phone almost instantanteously. The one thing I am concerned about is if activesync will be available on the iPhone without getting the enterprise plan.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Didn't work for me.... :( I Use Gmail and Yahoo mostly but I still manage to get my emails better to leave well enough alone LOL
Do you have activesync on your phone? I was thinking this would work with the new firmware release.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I know yahoo has push, but gmail does not at this point. Gmail has IMAP, which is not true push. Mobipush is a free third party provider that has a constant connection to your gmail account. You setup your email account on mobipushand then setup the mobipush server under activesync and your email come to your phone almost instantanteously. The one thing I am concerned about is if activesync will be available on the iPhone without getting the enterprise plan.
seems like a big hassle, why not just get yahoo. because with yahoo you can even sync your contacts with your yahoo address book and be set

S

Starry

Do you have activesync on your phone? I was thinking this would work with the new firmware release.
Yeah I do... should I NOT?

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
ActiveSync should only be on your iPhone if you are running the 2.0 software, which has not been released yet. It's not use by Yahoo or GMail or anything outside of MS Exchange sync ...
I truly think this will work when 2.0 cames out. their setup demo on windows mobile shows how to set it up on activesync. I believe that mobipush is an exchange server. I will let you know if it works for me next week. If it doesn't I am going to miss my push email from windows live and my work exchange server which will not support the iPhone upon release