Push issues on exchange

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Hey Guys, I've searched "push" and "enterprise" and read up on the articles but didn't really find an answer to an issue I'm having. Sorry for another PUSH thread. I have v1 with 2.0 and I don't have enterprise data plan. From what I've read, I don't really need enterprise to have the "Activesync" function work.

I set up PUSH for exchange and it is enabled and when I set it up it pulls down all my folders, emails, calendar events, etc. But throughout the day it does not PUSH the emails (I've tested several times). The only time the emails populate is when I go into my inbox and the spinner spins and my emails come down. So for right now I'm using FETCH because every 15 minutes is better than having to manually go into my inbox.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I don't know if this will help but, I had the same thing happen to me when I set up exchange to push. Oddly enough I found that you need to open all those folders one at a time on your iPhone and let the phone bring all the info in once. You will see the phone updating each folder and than start to down load. You only need to do it once, it is kind of like a jump start. After I did it, the push is instant on both sides.

Hope it works for you.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Thanks for the help. I gave it a whirl but still no joy. I populated all the folders and it looked pretty good for awhile but after testing nothing would pop in unless I initiated it. Thanks again.