Push Issues with 2.1

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Is anyone else having issues with push email and exchange with 2.1? For some reason I'm not getting the push a lot of times unless I reboot my phone, then I'll get the push for a while and by the next day I'm not getting it anymore. I don't know if it's my exchange provider or the software. Just curious if anyone else was having issues.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Is anyone else having issues with push email and exchange with 2.1? For some reason I'm not getting the push a lot of times unless I reboot my phone, then I'll get the push for a while and by the next day I'm not getting it anymore. I don't know if it's my exchange provider or the software. Just curious if anyone else was having issues.
Try resetting your network settings and test again.
There is a small percentage of us that had negative effects to the 2.1 update. Everything from programs crashing to battery drainage to connectivity problems with Edge, 3G, BT, and Wifi

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
my mobileme has not been pushing to my iPhone since the update. Haven't had time to fiddle with it, though.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I haven't had a problem with Mobile Me, as well. If I am out of network coverage, or have the phone off, I have to wait for the next message to push before it gets to my phone. Of course, I can download the email by tolling the network directly.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I had similar problems with push, email in general and dropped calls after 2.1. I spent a long time with Apple on the phone, they scheduled me for a visit to the Apple store.
The guy hooked my iPhone up to diagnostics software and could see that I have had a lot of trouble. He quickly replaced my phone. I haven't had any problems since but it has only been 24 hrs.
Prior to replacement I had to turn my phone off/on several times during a day to keep push working.
Tg

Anderson3G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
No problems w/ 'push' email from Exchange Services in v2.1 ... receiving 50+ emails a day; they arrive in iPhone before my PC

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I am having problems with fetch ok exchange. Many times I check and it hasn't updated in over an hour. I have it set to check every 15 minutes.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I will have a problem with push only when I am in an area when the phone switches between 3g and edge. When I notice I am not getting mail I will do a re-boot and generally all the mail will apear.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
yes, I've basically switched over from Exchange to MobileMe (which I've wanted to do for a while cause it's easier to use on my Mac) and push seems to be working great. So looks like I'm dumping my exchange for now which is fine by me.

r1mania

Jul 19, 2008
I didn't have a problem with email Push/Fetch prior to 2.1, now it doesn't update for hours, even though it is set to Fetch every 15 min.