Push me some tweets already..

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
Hey Apple, Tweetdeck, Twitterrific, and Tweetie I sure would appreciate some Twitter push functionality without having to buy im+. Any day now would be nice.. Mmmm k thx..

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you want the functionality, you have to pay for it!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I have IM+ but it only pushes Direct Messages, I wouldn't mind having a Twitter app that pushes all or a filtered set of messages to you. yes I know I can do text, but hey, we got Notifications now, let's use'em!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I feel a bit like Ebeneezer Scrooge on this subject. The more apps that are gradually trickling out with push enabled, the more I'm realizing that there are very few things that I want or need to be notified on regularly.

Just as one for instance, I was happy to see Sports Tap start offering push a few days back, and I setup alerts for a couple MLB teams I follow. By Day 2 I was fed up with seeing an alert every time a game started, a run got scored etc. Found myself saying STFU to it pretty quickly, and turned push off for it - I'll check scores when I feel like thanks very much.

I just don't think there are that many things I need to be urgently advised of during a day ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I totally agree. I had AP Mobile for a while (I hated the app itself, so I replaced it with the Times) and even though it's notifications didn't come at all that rapid of a pace, the ones that did come were really pointless stories that I really couldn't care less about. Pushing tweets? That would kill me.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I feel a bit like Ebeneezer Scrooge on this subject. The more apps that are gradually trickling out with push enabled, the more I'm realizing that there are very few things that I want or need to be notified on regularly.

Just as one for instance, I was happy to see Sports Tap start offering push a few days back, and I setup alerts for a couple MLB teams I follow. By Day 2 I was fed up with seeing an alert every time a game started, a run got scored etc. Found myself saying STFU to it pretty quickly, and turned push off for it - I'll check scores when I feel like thanks very much.

I just don't think there are that many things I need to be urgently advised of during a day ...
I wonder how quickly Reds fans got tired of push updates?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I totally agree. I had AP Mobile for a while (I hated the app itself, so I replaced it with the Times) and even though it's notifications didn't come at all that rapid of a pace, the ones that did come were really pointless stories that I really couldn't care less about. Pushing tweets? That would kill me.
I may turn those off soon too, and am also not liking the app as much as I used to. Prefer the free Newsflash app by far these days.