Push Notifications

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I've thought of a suggestion under Settings. You already receive alerts for when someone quotes your post. Is it possible to have an alert added for when you reply to a post? Also if you have alerts on, what about automatic subscriptions?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've thought of a suggestion under Settings. You already receive alerts for when someone quotes your post. Is it possible to have an alert added for when you reply to a post? Also if you have alerts on, what about automatic subscriptions?
I already get too many alerts from various sites, apps and such. Why would I need an alert telling me I replied to anything? I already know that. And, if you reply or comment to a thread, you should be auto subscribed.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I already get too many alerts from various sites, apps and such. Why would I need an alert telling me I replied to anything? I already know that. And, if you reply or comment to a thread, you should be auto subscribed.
Well, you are right that you would not need an alert. I was only thinking about it because I have to subscribe to any threads I want to receive replies or comments.It would be pretty useful for when you start a thread to be subscribed so you can follow all replies or comments. I don't get auto subscribed.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Well, you are right that you would not need an alert. I was only thinking about it because I have to subscribe to any threads I want to receive replies or comments.It would be pretty useful for when you start a thread to be subscribed so you can follow all replies or comments. I don't get auto subscribed.
You should though. If you're using the app, you should be auto subscribed when you reply or comment. If everything is set right in the app's settings, and you still don't get auto subscribed, then I suggest deleting the app, then reinstalling it.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
You should though. If you're using the app, you should be auto subscribed when you reply or comment. If everything is set right in the app's settings, and you still don't get auto subscribed, then I suggest deleting the app, then reinstalling it.
Then that is what I will do. I'll report back and let you know if that fixed it .

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
How do I delete the data for the app? I reinstalled the app and all my settings the same. I've also tried to Clear Cache in Settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
How do I delete the data for the app? I reinstalled the app and all my settings the same. I've also tried to Clear Cache in Settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums
If you have "subscribed Topics" checked in the app's settings, and still don't get subscribed, then I don't know. Maybe someone else knows.