Push works on officially unlocked 3GS?

Sep 12, 2009
Hello..new here. Can anybody confirm if Push works flawlessly on factory unlocked iPhones (3GS) on any carrier? Planning to get one from hong kong. Is the push technology dependent on Apple's servers or on your carrier as well?

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
I have a factory unlocked iPhone (purchased in Italy).
I use it with AT&T in the US, and my Yahoo mail pushes just fine. I don't use any other push (Exchange, etc). Notifications also work fine.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I have a PAYG iPhone that I have unlocked using ultrasn0w and when I first unlocked it I noticed that push did not work until I found out that I had to activate the phone with a sim card that the iPhone is meant to be on ( O2-UK ) once I activated it with the O2 PAYG sim card that came with the iPhone I re jailbroke and unlocked my phone put in my Orange sim card and push was working fine.

Not sure about Officially Unlocked phones.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Mine's an officially unlocked from Singapore and Push works fine.

Take care with buying the Hong Kong ones though. I picked mine up when I was in Singapore so was able to try it out first. For a while the Hong Kong ones were being hardware ulocked (there's a youtube video if you search).

It'll probably be fine but just do your checks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Mine's an officially unlocked from Singapore and Push works fine.

Take care with buying the Hong Kong ones though. I picked mine up when I was in Singapore so was able to try it out first. For a while the Hong Kong ones were being hardware ulocked (there's a youtube video if you search).

It'll probably be fine but just do your checks.
That depends where you buy it in HK. It will be factory unlocked if you buy it from HKApple.com (they only ship to HK addresses). If you buy it from 3mobile, it won't be factory unlocked (it will require a SIM or software unlock to use with a different carrier). The hardware unlocked phones in HK will run you about $811 US dollars. (Thanks Londonrockz for giving me this info).

Sep 12, 2009
thanks for the reply guys. anyone recommend a good ebay seller that sells the real officially unlocked ones?