push Yahoo mail?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
how do u set up push yahoo mail..its not seeming to work...it just checks every 15 minutes like usual...anyone get it to work?

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
how do u set up push yahoo mail..its not seeming to work...it just checks every 15 minutes like usual...anyone get it to work?
Your lucky, I can't even seem to set it up to get my yahoo mail (as I can't set it up in Mail). If anyone knows how to set up Yahoo mail as a Pop server for Apple Mail, I'd greatly appreciate knowing which POP and SMTP you used along with the ports. As I've read of people doing it with the free service but have yet to duplicate it.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Your lucky, I can't even seem to set it up to get my yahoo mail (as I can't set it up in Mail). If anyone knows how to set up Yahoo mail as a Pop server for Apple Mail, I'd greatly appreciate knowing which POP and SMTP you used along with the ports. As I've read of people doing it with the free service but have yet to duplicate it.
Can't you just click the Yahoo Mail icon in mail settings to set it up?

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I just looked on Apple.com and noticed some new videos called finger tips, one of them, #8 is entitled "Mail Preferences". However, when i click on it, it's just he skateboarding dog video. Maybe they are still working on that one.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Mine works instantly. I didn't have to set anything up in Yahoo either.

Also...my gmail works just as fast as my Yahoo...weird.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Still don't understand how you guys are getting your Yahoo email to push.
Please provide some assistance to those of us who must manually or schedule the retrieval of Yahoo email.
Thanks.

Mike

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I didn't do anything special. It wasn't working last night. Just started working today flawlessly. Don't know why or how.

aviddv1

Jun 23, 2007
New York
I don't get it. If I click the inbox it will check my yahoo mail. I can also choose to wait 15 mins for it to auto check. Doesn't seem to be pushing anything. For those who believe they've got push working, if your phone is locked are you getting a notification or are you just sitting in the mail app when the pushed mail arrives?

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I don't get it. If I click the inbox it will check my yahoo mail. I can also choose to wait 15 mins for it to auto check. Doesn't seem to be pushing anything. For those who believe they've got push working, if your phone is locked are you getting a notification or are you just sitting in the mail app when the pushed mail arrives?
phone is locked and im not in the email app..and i get it right away. it wasn't working yesterday at all really....but today its been working all day...probably sent about 30 test emails from 5 different accounts.

aviddv1

Jun 23, 2007
New York
Must be something regional or maybe new accounts have it enabled - definitely doesn't get new mail right away. I've got a private server that I normally use and its setup to send a copy of all mail to yahoo. My private box gets the message first, then yahoo web mail gets it, then after 5-10 mins the phone gets it. Can't tell if its the 15min increment for auto check or just a shorter increment for push.

Anyone with working push while phone is locked in NYC?

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Must be something regional or maybe new accounts have it enabled - definitely doesn't get new mail right away. I've got a private server that I normally use and its setup to send a copy of all mail to yahoo. My private box gets the message first, then yahoo web mail gets it, then after 5-10 mins the phone gets it. Can't tell if its the 15min increment for auto check or just a shorter increment for push.

Anyone with working push while phone is locked in NYC?
i live in nyc...and it was working all morning...the last 5 ive tried haven't worked..i dunno what the hell is going on...all morning the phone was locked and it would get to my phone as soon as i hit send..didn't even seem like one second. now its not even getting it every 15..