push Yahoo mail?

threed82

Jun 18, 2007
Same issue here

So my phone is not getting the email right away, i have to go into the email app, and hit refresh to check the inbox.

And i have the Yahoo premium account, where i pay like 20$ a year... (no spam mail, no advertising at the bottom of the emails) so its not that bad... i just hope the push feature is implemented soon-ish.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
My push works on my yahoo now.:laugh2: About 5 seconds from when I send it to when I get the message on my phone.

I set the check time to manual because I don't want it checking anymore because it using push ,so it saves battery. But it works as well if you put it on any of the check times.

athreya

Jun 30, 2007
My push works on my yahoo now.:laugh2: About 5 seconds from when I send it to when I get the message on my phone.

I set the check time to manual because I don't want it checking anymore because it using push ,so it saves battery. But it works as well if you put it on any of the check times.
so can u post your account settings for us to learn from? is the experience like a blackberry?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
so can u post your account settings for us to learn from? is the experience like a blackberry?
I never used a blackberry but I know its push because I was using a Razr before but I know its push because I don't check for the email and I tested it out because I sent emails from my gmail at different times and about 5-10 seconds after that I get them on my phone.

But here are my settings:

The only thing you can change is what is in:

Settings-Mail- click your @yahoo.com account- Advanced-Settings

Then under settings it should have:

IMAP Path Prefix /

(their should be two spaces after the "x" don't know why it dosent show up like that on the forum.)

Then I have Auto-Check at Every hour. I guess it dosen't work when you have it on manual(contrary to my previous statement).

Everything else dosent really matter.

I did open up a new yahoo account yesterday just to use for my iPhone. That way all my other accounts can transfer their and become instant push accounts as well. I didn't touch any setting on the web portion of the account.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
No Option For Auto Checking Email On My Phone

I just went to change my email settings so that i could check my yahoo mail every 15 minutes and there is NO OPTION for that. I finally got the "finger tips" video to play number 8 watching through all the others on the Apple.com website. That phone clearly displays this option and is not on my phone! Anyone else?

*EDIT* ok, this is weird. It just pushed an email to me in seconds. Maybe the auto check isn't visible when you are signed up on yahoo/yahoo mobile? I did happen to reset the phone before i tried this email. REset= push down on home key and on/off switch on top right of phone till you see the Apple logo.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Then under settings it should have:

IMAP Path Prefix /

(their should be two spaces after the "x" don't know why it dosent show up like that on the forum.)
?

You described it as blank. It's blank by default.

threed82

Jun 18, 2007
Then I have Auto-Check at Every hour. I guess it dosen't work when you have it on...

I too just set up this yahoo account, however i do NOT have this option available at all for some reason. Its odd, its not pushing my mail through, its been 30 minutes and no mail unless i go to the mail app and check it... then it gets it quickly.

How do you get to this option?

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
See my edit above....i didn't have the option to check mail either, i reset my phone and it started pushing immediately.

threed82

Jun 18, 2007
Yep, that did it, there isn't really an option, but now its pushing instantly. Cool, thanks for the help!

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Yep, that did it, there isn't really an option, but now its pushing instantly. Cool, thanks for the help!
thats very strange you guys don't have that option...i have it..as do others...

on another note, are any of u guys getting an option for managing music/videos manually..its supposed to be under the summary tab of your iPhone in iTunes but its not..i know a lot of people are having this issue..but is everyone else here as well?

aviddv1

Jun 23, 2007
New York
Great tip on the reset - I think that did it for me. I also set mine to manual check. don't know if that has any effect other than battery, but push is working.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I did 3 or 4 tests like this and worked. Then took 14 minutes for last one. NOt sure if it's yahoo or the phone. Can't get my husbands to work either. Make sure you check the trash can also. They may be ending up there.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Quick question - i haven't been a regular user of Yahoo, but how do I make it so that when i reply to an email from my Yahoo email address it shows my businesss email address (that is currently forwarded there) instead of my @yahoo.com address.

Mike

threed82

Jun 18, 2007
Well, it wasn't until i added the second email account (which is a pop account) that it gave me the option of "auto checking"... so i suggest that, add a second account, see if that does it.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
my yahoo push didn't start working until today but it works like a charm, as good or better than my blackberry.

btw, I didn't do anything special either...just set up a regular, free yahoo account, then when I synced up my iPhone and it and it transfered all my mail accounts and settings to the iPhone.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
my yahoo push didn't start working until today but it works like a charm, as good or better than my blackberry.

btw, I didn't do anything special either...just set up a regular, free yahoo account, then when I synced up my iPhone and it and it transfered all my mail accounts and settings to the iPhone.
mines working now. I figured out if you have a pop account then you have the options to pull the mail 15, 30 ,60. However, when you set up an email that has the @yahoo.com extension then the iPhone automatically sets it up as an IMAP account and thereforee pushes it to your phone. no pulling involved thereforee no options to select from. :D

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Where in yahoo's options can you set up other email accounts to come through on yahoo's account?

Here's a noob question, is msn/hotmail a POP or IMAP? Will forwarding mail work with msn?