Pushed up upgrade

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I checked jut to see if by any chance I can upgrade the october 4th line
The site says no upgrades for me on any line
Went to Apple and there the same thing ?
Call if you are within 30 days of upgrade date, they will push it up I did this last friday.

jacobjester

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
I was not eligible for an upgrade until May...but when I called yesterday that over rode that and I ordered a iPhone 5 while still on the line. I have received an order number and and email confirming the order.

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
I was not eligible for an upgrade until May...but when I called yesterday that over rode that and I ordered a iPhone 5 while still on the line. I have received an order number and and email confirming the order.
Did you just talk to regular customer service or was it the cancellations department?
Did you just ask them to bump it and they did with no problems?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM

That's exactly what I mean i was also eligible in may and if People are going to get upgrade early and I paid an extra $500 for two phones I'm gonna be extremely pissed off

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

jacobjester

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
I called 4 days ago and was told I was ineligible for an upgrade at this time and so I dropped the issue. I called yesterday to discuss paying the extra to get the 5 before my eligibility date and the person I spoke with (a regular representative) brought up that she would be able to override my upgrade. I said "impossible" I called 3 days ago and no one could help me...she said "things are changing everyday" and with that, she over rode my upgrade date and I ordered a 5 right then. Literally no hassle with this woman at all.

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
AT&T will not just push up your upgrade eligibility, I spoke to them already I had an Issue when the original white iPhone 4 came out and they gave me the upgrade with no "Early Upgrade" fee, he then told me that specifically for iPhone users that each year Apple allows AT&T customers to upgrade their phones to the new technology as long as they agree to sign an additional 2-yr contract. Well thats no longer the case anymore since they announced the iPhone 5, Apple has no agreed to do that anymore since the exclusivity is no longer AT&T since Verizon & Sprint and soon T-Mobile will be getting the iPhone. Jacob if you got it to upgrade without paying the additional fee thats great, but believe me i've talked to everyone under the sun and they will not bend over backwards for a client thats been with them for the past 10 yrs, which is complete B.S