Put unused space on your iPhone to use as a wireless external drive

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Rafagon, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

AirDisk Pro allows you to easily turn your iPhone into an external drive for your Mac or PC, and it is temporarily free. This article states that the app "comes bundled with a host of supported formats for reading various documents, playing audio and video files, and more." While I haven't tested that claim just yet, I was able to establish a connection in under a minute and I'm transferring a file over to the iPhone for safekeeping right now.

Once set up, you'll be shown an IP address that you can use on your computer to open a Finder window and drag and drop files to or from it (performing the appropriate transfer to or from your iPhone), or if this seems too intimidating, you can use your browser to get a web interface to the storage on your iPhone. If, on the other hand, it wasn't intimidating enough, you can open a Terminal window and FTP into your phone. This method will put some hair on your chest. :)

AirDisk Pro on the App Store

#1 Rafagon, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I just tried this Rafagon. It seems to be pretty fast. (A fairly large sized picture in less than a second). I'd say it's pretty much on par with many of the other apps that do similar things. For me, it's a bit redundant, since I have several apps specific for what I'm trying to transfer. I do like it and perhaps one day I'll find a good use for it. Thank you very much for the heads up.

3. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

That's a great app. And got it free!
    Thank you!

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the heads up. Can't beat free. I currently use Pocket Drive+.

#4 ZR_Yancy, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015