Put videos back on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smitty589, Jul 15, 2009.

1. smitty589

smitty589 New Member

So this past weekend I took some videos with my iPhone 3Gs and took them off of the phone yesterday to try and edit them. But instead of copying them I did a cut and paste from the phone to my PC.

Is there a way to put the original video files back on the phone so they appear in the default photo album as if they were never moved to begin with? Dragging and dropping doesn't work.

2. smitty589

smitty589 New Member

So I'm going to guess that's a no?

3. Carla

Carla New Member

You can put them back on the phone through iTunes. They will be in the iPod app then instead of the camera roll.

4. jlhollander

jlhollander Member
    Bronze

Yeah, I sync with a Mac and use iPhoto to upload all of my photos from my iPhone to my computer and they don't sync back through the program, even if they are in an album that i have set to sync. Until Apple has an easy syncing solution for your recorded videos, you have to do it through iTunes as a movie and either sync them in the video section, or manually add them back.

5. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Hmmm... I tried moving videos from iPhoto album to the ittunes/iPod directory & when I tried to sync, iTunes advs movies couldn't be synced with phone. The only way iTunes wwas able to sync the videos is if I first converted the vids to .m4v format & then move them into iTunes/iPod directory.

6. smitty589

smitty589 New Member

yeah i ended up converting them and putting them back on the phone via the Movies section. My only complaint is that there should be a way to group videos the same way you group pictures. Having this long list of movies, tv shows, and recordings is kind of annoying.

7. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Check out FileAid (free in app store for a limited time). It is a storage/viewer app that works independent of iTunes sync. Works on USB or WiFi. Drag n Drop to pc program DiskAid (10 bucks) and files appear in FileAid on phone. Supports many file formats including vids. You can create folders in DiskAid for organization.

8. crystus

crystus Member
    Bronze

I moved mine into a new folder in my pictures album on my pc when i made that mistake. Then i checked my sync options for photos in iTunes. They are now in their own folder and can be accessed through the pictures icon. When I chose to sync that folder it moved them to a new folder that is right below the camera roll.

9. Kuntry

Kuntry Member
    Bronze

To add to this: You can also put videos back on your camera roll from DiskAid by going to the bottom left corner and clicking where it said "DiskAid Folder" and click "Media Folder" in the drop-down menu. Then, in the left pane, click "DCIM" Then "100APPLE" and drag and drop your movies into the right pane. I have yet to figure out how to put them into different Photo Albums in the Photos App. There probably is a way, but it probably requires a jailbreak as you cannot access the "Root" folder without it. Putting them in the Camera Roll allows Editing and Sharing unlike the DiskAid file (or the iPod App for that matter).

I never got it to work this way....

10. termleech

termleech Zealot
    Gold

Well I'll be... I had always just assumed when I synced them out to iPhoto and then selected that album they got put back on. Now I went and looked and sure enough they aren't there. Can anyone with the 3.1 beta see if that has changed? I'm guessing it might have been an oversight and maybe it's being fixed for 3.1

11. Kuntry

Kuntry Member
    Bronze

I am running 3.1 beta but on a pc. AFAIK nothing has changed with the way videos are synced from 3.0 to 3.1 (still have to import to iTunes and access through iPod app or use the method described above). Someone with 3.1 and a mac with iPhoto care to chime in?

12. clikzip

clikzip New Member

you don't have to use a third party app to sync them back, put them in your pictures folder you have iTunes set to sync with. Check the sync videos button in iTunes and theyll copy back. They have to be mp4 or mov

13. Themaze007

Themaze007 New Member

Is there any way to put videos prom app to cam roll please help me here