Putting home movies on iPhone

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
So I just spent so time with my family, and they put some quicktime movies on a cd for me, so when I got home and put them on my desktop, iTunes won't let me drag and drop it. I'm really new to computers, I have a pc with windows xp. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
So I just spent so time with my family, and they put some quicktime movies on a cd for me, so when I got home and put them on my desktop, iTunes won't let me drag and drop it. I'm really new to computers, I have a pc with windows xp. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!
To start, can you clarify that you were able to import the movies into iTunes, but were not able to transfer them to your iPhone?

If yes, you will need to convert the quick time movies into settings which the iPhone can accept: right click on the video title and select the option to convert to iPhone.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I was not able to put into iTunes. When I would drag into the the movies tab when I iTunes was open it wouldn't accept it, it had a circle with a line through it. I appreciate your help!

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
What format are you in, whatever it is you will need to convert to mp4 then you will be able to put it on your iPhone. Atleast that's what I would do, if anyone has a better way go for it.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-iphone-Converter.htm

Free video converter and fast too. Convert your wmv or mov files to the format that works for the phone using the above program and then go into iTunes and add the folder containing your converted videos. Once you connect your phone in iTunes you will need to go to the video tab and manually select each video you wish to sync onto the phone, sync and your all set.