Putting on Screen Protectors

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Okay so I left the original plastic on the iPhone screen until I had my screen protector ready to apply to avoid any dust particles. I peeled of the plastic & wiped the few particles that were on the corners of the iPhone & applied the screen protector. Even with so much care still I see a few annoying specks of dust between the screen & screen protector.

Should I bother taking this one off and trying again to apply a new one or like I suspect will more dust just find it's way under the screen protector from particles that have build up around the edges? Is there anyway to actually fully clean the screen w/o leaving any dust whatsoever on it? I have never been able to.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i think you should probably just leave it if its just a few specks of dust but its your choice if it bothers you that much you should try to make it better

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Okay so I left the original plastic on the iPhone screen until I had my screen protector ready to apply to avoid any dust particles. I peeled of the plastic & wiped the few particles that were on the corners of the iPhone & applied the screen protector. Even with so much care still I see a few annoying specks of dust between the screen & screen protector.

Should I bother taking this one off and trying again to apply a new one or like I suspect will more dust just find it's way under the screen protector from particles that have build up around the edges? Is there anyway to actually fully clean the screen w/o leaving any dust whatsoever on it? I have never been able to.
Did you use the cleaning cloth that came with the iPhone? Usually those are pretty good about not leaving any dust particles.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Did you use the cleaning cloth that came with the iPhone? Usually those are pretty good about not leaving any dust particles.
No. I thought I had heard somewhere not to use it because it left dust particles behind.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Next time do the install in a 'steamy' bathroom. Less dust particles floating around. Best thing next an actual cleanroom.

The edge syndrome you describe should only happen with the original plastic that came with the iPhone. It is not really meant to be used as a day to day screen protector and does not adhere to the screen like the aftermarket protectors. With these, you shouldn't see any dust 'creep' between the glass and the plastic once installed.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Next time do the install in a 'steamy' bathroom. Less dust particles floating around. Best thing next an actual cleanroom.

The edge syndrome you describe should only happen with the original plastic that came with the iPhone. It is not really meant to be used as a day to day screen protector and does not adhere to the screen like the aftermarket protectors. With these, you shouldn't see any dust 'creep' between the glass and the plastic once installed.

I had actually thought about doing that but I thought it was too dark in the bathroom to see all the dust particles. I'm not too worried about more dust creeping in the edge. What I mean is should I even bother replacing the screen protector because now there is obviously dust built up around the edges of the screen protector since they never cover every actual mm of the screen. I can try to wipe the particles but they will probably just spread to other areas of the screen and be visible when I apply the new screen protector.
I guess what I'm asking is there any way to actually clean the screen so there is no dust once you have taken the factory plastic off? I have never been able to on any larger screen phones.

Posted fr iPhone

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Yeah do it right over a sink full of hot water. ;)