Putting Photos back to Camera Roll from PC?

1. mythrowbacknikes

mythrowbacknikes New Member Bronze

I had to restore my iPhone, so I saved my camera roll pics into a folder on the PC, and after a successful restore I wanted to add the pictures back into the phone. I want to put the pictures back into the Camera Roll folder and not as an album, so I can delete them directly on the Phone if I wanted to.

I was successful at doing this with both iPhone PC SUITE & UTUNE PHOTOS, but when I put the pics back on the phone under the Camera Roll, there was a huge quality loss. They were super blurry.

Is there a way to put the pics back into the Camera Roll with full resolution as they were when I took them before?

** I did not back up my phone, so yes, an iTunes backup copy is out the question...

~~~~Kinda Offtopic: Is there an app on Cydia, Installer, or the App Store that allows you to hide an album in your Photo section? :) Thanks.

2. shutter13

shutter13 Zealot Gold

You should be able to email the photos to yourself and save the images, they will save to the camera roll. There are apps in the app store that allow you to password protect albums, I believe, not sure if they will hide them or not.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

emailing is one option, but you could also ssh them onto your camera folder if you are jailbroken...

5. andyveale

andyveale Member Bronze

If you deleted your photos before restoring, that really sucks. Restore also restores your photos.

6. CBRfanatic

CBRfanatic New Member Bronze

he can do that but they will not show up in the stock folder since he does not have a thumbnail file for each photo. the easiest way to do it would to email it, or he can create the 999APPLE folder in the pictures section via SSH

7. iamjamieq

iamjamieq New Member

I know this thread is a year and a half old but I was recently looking for an answer to this and never found it, but I discovered how to do it.

With a jailbroken iPhone with iFile on it, browse to the folder containing the photos (any folder). Tap on the blue arrow to the right of the screen for the photo or video wanting to be on the camera roll. This will show you the file properties. Scroll to the bottom of the file properties and tap on Add to Camera Roll. Voila!

Likewise, if you tap on a photo from iFile as if to view it, there will be an icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a folder with an arrow on it. Tapping that icon will add the photo to the camera roll.

8. IrelandJnr

IrelandJnr New Member

I tried to use Image Capture on the Mac to push photos to my iPad's Camera Roll, but it didn't work. I found "a" solution. Frankly a far better solution than I've seen on here. Use PhotoSync. I registered to post this because I so frustrated with the crappy suggestions other people post on several site. So next time I will have help someone I suppose. Goodbye.

9. afiqr

afiqr New Member

hello, i love to help you guys, i found a solution for "how to putting back photos or videos to camera roll"

1st : download Phone Drive from AppStore, or u can buy full version ( more functions )
    2st : now connect your device and open your iTunes, go to Devices --> eg : TheWhoiPhone, then go to --> Apps tab -->scroll down until you find File Sharing, then u will see Phone Drive, go to Phone Drive Documents and click on Add... button, now choose whatever photos and videos you want( it takes time to complete )

while at your device, open Phone Drive, click on the 1st icon on the bottom tab and choose Settings, make sure file sharing is Turn On,

for the last step, click on Edit on the"right; top tab" select all or one-by-one, click on the center icon and save to Library then let it do the job. haha

that's all..

thank you :)

-afiqr