pwnage tool 2.0.1 question

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
so i sold my iPhone, and when i went to restore it, it automatically upgraded to 2.0. i was a little pissed to say the least, but i did some homework and was able to jailbreak it using pwnage tool 2.0.1. my question is this, in the directions it said if you are asked if you are a legit user, select no and this will unlock the phone. well i tried running pwnage tool 2.0 a couple times and it didn't work but i clicked yes in that. when i ran 2.0.1 it never asked me that, so am i right in assuming that it didn't unlock it, and how would i find this out? i don't have another sim card to put in it so i'm just wondering if i should run it again or what the deal is? i always used ziPhone before this so this pwnage is all new to me. any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Pwange cannot unlock 2.0 yet. So it's not unlocked no matter what choices you made or how you ran the process ...
question answered, thanks man, looks like i'm gonna have to downgrade to iTunes 7.5 and firmware 1.1.4, thanks bro.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Pwange cannot unlock 2.0 yet. So it's not unlocked no matter what choices you made or how you ran the process ...
This is incorrect.......it cannot unlock 3G iPhones but it can unlock V1 iPhones.