pwnage tool, v1 iPhone 2.0/2.0.1 mail issues

Audiofyl

Dec 17, 2007
chicagoland
used pwnage tool for the first time to unlock/jailbreak my v1 phone. everything worked as it should for 2.0 and 2.0.1. I still have the problem that started with 2.0 and I was hoping would be fixed after upgrading to 2.0.1. The problem is that mail will work for a day or two and all of a sudden become unable to connect either over edge or wifi and retrieve my mail. if i shut the phone off and turn it back on, it continues to work for a day or two and the cycle repeats. When I click on mail, it usually says the mailbox has been updated hours ago. I have the setting for it to check every 15 minutes.

I have 2 mail accounts, one comcast and one .mac (mobile me). if i switch to view the mobile me inbox, it will begin to connect to the mail server but the wheel will just spin and sit at "connecting" at the bottom of the screen.

I also notice that I get two different spinning wheels at the upper info bar. one to the left of the clock display (has always been there), and sometimes a different one to the right of the clock display (seems new since upgrading to 2.0).

ideas on how to fix?

been using this on t-mobile since day one.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
You can give this a go.

This is caused by the sync of the backup from iTunes. The permissions on the mail folder are incorrect (it’s owned by root). The easiest fix is to run bossprefs, click more, and click “fix user dir permissions”. You may need to reboot.

Audiofyl

Dec 17, 2007
chicagoland
That didn't seem to help the problem. I recently built a new software package on my other mac from scratch, wiped the phone and did a new install of everything. I did that sunday night and mid day monday, mail stopped being able to connect. Shut phone off and back on and all is good again (for now). Now what?