PwnageTool 2.0.1 Released By DevTeam (Installation Fixes) MAC ONLY

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Quoted By iPhone DevTeam.......

"PwnageTool 2.0.1

Well, the response was overwhelming. :) The downloads brought down several of our servers, and some of them have yet to recover!

It seems that some people have been having problems with our initial release, so we have PwnageTool 2.0.1 for you. It addresses the following issues:

- It auto-finds the bl39 and bl46 files better, if they’re on your computer

- It creates the ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support/ folder if not present, which should help with some 1600 errors people have been having.

- Many people have reported the PwnageTool not starting up at all (the icon never stops bouncing). This issue should be resolved now.

- The Sparkle AppCast URL is fixed in this version, so automatic updates should work for future releases.

- Because of the AppCast URL fix, we recommend that everyone who downloaded PwnageTool 2.0 get this version, if they want to stay up to date automatically.

N.B: if PwnageTool 2.0 pwned your phone correctly the first time, you do not need to pwn again with 2.0.1.

The file can be found on _BigBoss_’s repository, or at our friends at Hackint0sh.

If you choose to download it from other mirrors, you may want to verify that the SHA1 of the file is 10b6c7dc22286e7b70c3d5a92cda7d117426fda9."

Iphone777

Oct 1, 2007
Still does not want to open...

Can't get it to open still on my mac... :(

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
The file should be around 19 megs, so if yours is smaller than that, its most likely not going to unzip.

Try the Hackint0sh link, their server supports resuming downloads if they time out.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hopefully this will work for me. I tried numerous times last night with the original but I couldn't get the phone to go into DFU for some reason.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I found this in another forum.

QUOTE:
Note: some folks having problems loading the pwnage tool and the icon just sits there bouncing. You may try clearing your cache by deleting the {your name}/Library/Caches folder and/or /Library/Caches and reboot. You may also try booting into safe mode.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Hopefully this will work for me. I tried numerous times last night with the original but I couldn't get the phone to go into DFU for some reason.
Post back here with your results when you're done. It may help others having the same problem. Good luck!

Iphone777

Oct 1, 2007
Clearing caches did not work...

Thanks for the tips but the clearing caches didn't work...haven't tried safe mode yet

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Open Terminal, then do:

cd ~/Library/iTunes
mkdir "Device Support"

Then try PwnageTool again

Gmane

Jul 16, 2008
Question.. i'm using a pc but have access to a mac, can i use the pwnge tool on the mac even thou my iPhone is sync'd with my pc? what are the necessary steps? I have a 3G iPhone..

Thanks

Jul 21, 2008
Question.. i'm using a pc but have access to a mac, can i use the pwnge tool on the mac even thou my iPhone is sync'd with my pc? what are the necessary steps? I have a 3G iPhone..

Thanks
I have the same question. Can I just use my friend's mac to jailbreak and then go back to syncing music and everything else with my pc as usual? I know there is a way to jailbreak with pc right now but it seems a little janky. I'm either gonna wait for pwnage tool for PC or use a friend's mac if it's safe. Thanks