pwned 3G 2.0.2 to 2.1 procedure to not lose apps?

marcmeyer

Aug 9, 2008
Anyone have any success in upgrading from a pwned 2.0.2 to 2.1 and keeping their apps. I created a ipsw using PwnageTool but I'm afraid that I'll lose all my customization and apps I've purchased/etc. Anyone know how to do this without losing them?

I'd like to keep look and feel, kate info, etc.
Thanks,
M

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Any AppStore apps are backed up in iTunes, but all unofficial apps and modifications will be wiped out.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
What about cracked apps backed up in iTunes?
Cracked Apps are backed up in iTunes as well, if you used the IPA method. If you installed cracked apps via SSH (I'm assuming you didn't), then you need to back up the mobile/Documents and /Applications/Documents and mobile/Library/Preferences directories, and it's kinda complicated about how to restore the app data if you want to switch to cracked IPAs... I had to go through that myself. If you did install cracked apps via SSH, then ask again, and I'll explain it more.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
there's also AptBackup that's available on Cydia. It will make a list of your apps installed from Cydia. That list will be saved when u sync. When u restore and j/b, just reinstall Aptbackup and it will go through and reinstall your apps. Only downside is, it does not save your settings.

marcmeyer

Aug 9, 2008
upgrade iPhone firmware without losing configuration

Cracked Apps are backed up in iTunes as well, if you used the IPA method. If you installed cracked apps via SSH (I'm assuming you didn't), then you need to back up the mobile/Documents and /Applications/Documents and mobile/Library/Preferences directories, and it's kinda complicated about how to restore the app data if you want to switch to cracked IPAs... I had to go through that myself. If you did install cracked apps via SSH, then ask again, and I'll explain it more.
Hi. I used Cydia and Installer. Would copying the contents of the directories you mention out and then back in after restore using ftp work? Or is there another way? Thanks.