PWNED or ZiPhone

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Hi Guys, Ive been all over this site and reading about PWNED vs ZiPhone. I want to try to PWN my phone but im also reading that people are still having some issues with their phones after Pwning it. I used the ZiPhone 3.0 method and so far there have been issues and i would have to JB again. But my Question is...What would you choose and why? Maybe on this thread we can filter out the answers that people might have questions to like myself. Should i Go and Pwn mine? is it safe? I also read that its not out on Windows yet...bummer...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've had very good results with ZiPhone 2.5 in the past, and most recently just about flawless result with Pwnage Tool. I now prefer Pwnage, as I like the idea of being able to restore via iTunes very much.

There is a Windows version now - WinPwn, though I believe it is more limited in functionality than the Mac version. Have not used it though, so perhaps it has improved since its first release a few weeks back.

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Really? Ive been trying to search for the Windows version but i cant find it...Maybe not looking hard enough. But can you point me to the right direction on where i can get it? Thanks!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I have been extremely happy with Pwnage. Extremely easy to use, and fully integrated with iTunes. Pwnage offers a safe alternative to jailbreaking. I've restored and re-pwnaged many times. I recommend it in a heartbeat.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
even to someone not having problems with ziPhone? Is it more stable or something?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
ZiPhone 3.0

ZiPhone 3.0 is very easy. One button jailbreak. Select the "Jailbreak" button not "Jailbreak & Activate". YouTube didn't work with "Jailbreak & Activate". I Jailbroke and restored about 4 times before I found out the "Jailbreak" button was the way to go.