Q: eReader - adding existing books?

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
Hi guys,

First post so be gentle!

I'm a regular Palm format ebook reader on my Windows Mobile devices (no flames please ;-) ) so have a reasonable collection of books in prc format.

Got myself a second hand 1st Gen iPhone here in the UK. It's running V2.0.1 and activated with O2 (not jailbroken or unlocked yet, that's next!).

Saw on the Apps Store that eReader was available so I installed. Working fine with the freebies that come with it.

Question is, as a noob, how on earth do I get my pdb files onto the iPhone?

I can see eReader under the Apps section in iTunes for the iPhone but can't see anyway to add in my existing library.

Any ideas?

Thanks

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
Managed it! :)

Not easy or simple but did the lateral thinking bit....

I have some web space so quickly rattled up a page with a list of my ebooks with links to the files I'd ftp'd to the server.

Used eReader to go to 'Another Site' - shoved in the url and there were all the links. Downloaded all my pdb ebooks onto the iPhone and entered security info to open a few and there they are! :)

Just in case anyone else has a similar problem....

blane

Oct 9, 2008
Managed it! :)

Not easy or simple but did the lateral thinking bit....

I have some web space so quickly rattled up a page with a list of my ebooks with links to the files I'd ftp'd to the server.

Used eReader to go to 'Another Site' - shoved in the url and there were all the links. Downloaded all my pdb ebooks onto the iPhone and entered security info to open a few and there they are! :)

Just in case anyone else has a similar problem....
thank you very much, i was having hard time to figure it out..i found a different way though. you can open several kind of files via bookmarks on safari. the application is for mac users, i haven't tried yet, but it seems to work fine..here is the link http://www.wirelessinfo.com/content/iHacks-view-files-on-your-iphone.htm.

P.S. don't need to jailbreak

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
If you go to eReader's site, I am not sure where the link is, but there is a link for 25 megs of personal content, that you can upload your own purchased books and then download them from inside the app on the phone. There is also an app on their site that you can make text files into PDB files as well so its a nice little setup.