Q: What happens to unattended calendar notices?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Toopa

Oct 25, 2007
Hi!

I'm about to change from my Treo 650 but I've got one important question. On the Treo all notices with set alarms (remind me 5 min before) from the calendar will show a pop-up when the time is up. If you don't attend to the scheduled thing (mown the lawn) the unattended popup shows up in an special list so that you know about things that you've not yet handled.

Is there anything like it on the iPhone? Or are calendar notices/popups with alarms just gone if you don't attend to them and reschedule them?

Thanks a lot!

//Toopa

Toopa

Oct 25, 2007
They don't disappear, but they don't remind you either.
Thanks for answering!

Are they in some list of unattended notices or just still in the calendar-view?

I've read elsewhere that there is no snooze which would be what I'm looking for. Well, with the SDK I'll get it in the future at least.

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
ye, there is no snoze, you either acknowledge the even or ignore it...either way you can see all your events, past and future events if you select list view on your calendar...

Toopa

Oct 25, 2007
ye, there is no snoze, you either acknowledge the even or ignore it...either way you can see all your events, past and future events if you select list view on your calendar...
Ah, OK.

That's bad for me. I rely on that feature on my Treo. I'll have to make some behavior modifications I guess until this gets corrected/SDK.

Thanks!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Ah, OK.

That's bad for me. I rely on that feature on my Treo. I'll have to make some behavior modifications I guess until this gets corrected/SDK.

Thanks!
It is a bit of a pain but you can set a separate appointment to remind you of your upcoming appointment. I do this so that 15 minutes before a meeting I get notified from the first appointment and then the meeting appointment itself pops up 10 minutes later to remind me again. Fake snooze.

Toopa

Oct 25, 2007
It is a bit of a pain but you can set a separate appointment to remind you of your upcoming appointment. I do this so that 15 minutes before a meeting I get notified from the first appointment and then the meeting appointment itself pops up 10 minutes later to remind me again. Fake snooze.
That's one way of doing it I guess (I haven't had the iPhone in my hands yet, I'm from Europe...).

As long as it doesn't become too much of a chore.