Question: 4GB or 8GB?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
Hello all,

I am planning on buying the iPhone soon and trying to decide whether to go with the 4 gb or 8gb. My question is basically besides the memory, is there any other difference between the two models? Also, I have heard that the iPhone has "internal" memory which is comparable to "RAM" for like programs/widgets and stuff. Is there a difference in "internal" memory between the two? Thanks

P.S. - has anyone found a widget that allows pictures messages?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hello all,

I am planning on buying the iPhone soon and trying to decide whether to go with the 4 gb or 8gb. My question is basically besides the memory, is there any other difference between the two models? Also, I have heard that the iPhone has "internal" memory which is comparable to "RAM" for like programs/widgets and stuff. Is there a difference in "internal" memory between the two? Thanks

No difference but the size of the hard drive. The 4GB isn't for sale anymore, except for the few that are left over in some stores.

rbarger

Sep 21, 2007
Michigan, United States
Hello all,

I originally was going to get a 4GB because of the price, and I decided against it.

My friend, you want the 8GB.

For a couple of reasons. First, as stated prior, the 4GB edition of the iPhone is being discontinued. You can still pick one up in the Apple Store for a great price, but know that its being dropped, and if you have any problems with it, Apple wont support it like they would with an 8GB iPhone.

Second of all, If you want to take advantage of the iPod feature on iPhone, going with 4GB basically takes that feature away. After format, you still don't have a full 4GB because of the operating system, and applications. Also remember, txts and e-mails are stored on iPhone. You'll fill up that 4GB quicker than you know it, making it seem frusterating and useless. You'll spend more time syncing than listening.

Go for the 8GB model. Trust me, double the storage and continued support is far worth the extra $100.

hbueain

Sep 25, 2007
-

well i guess u don't' have a choice now, Applestore sold their last 4gb yesteady i think.. can't find them anymore

and the store near my house sold everything like a week ago

hbueain

Sep 25, 2007
Go for the 8GB model. Trust me, double the storage and continued support is far worth the extra $100.
y do Apple wanna cut the support to the 4gb? thought they were same expect 8gb doubles the memory.

btw check this out..

http://www.computerworld.com/action...leBasic&articleId=9026178&intsrc=news_ts_head

4GB cost Apple $239.89 to make
8GB cost Apple $263.83 to make

so $299 for 4gb Apple only makes like 60 bucks while for 8gb they make like $135

and yeah a lot more ppl wants 8gb over 4gb.. so i guess thats y they dropped the model.

Wowoweee

Sep 27, 2007
I just recently bought a 4gb iPhone and am now wondering if i should get the 8gb. Just wondering, why would Apple cut support for the 4gb? its only difference is thats it has 4gb less.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I got a 4GB a couple of days after iDay. after the price drop (and getting $100 from Apple hehe) i decieded to go with the 8GB. there is no difference between them. only the storage capcity. I wanted to be able to place more on my phone and i love my 8GB more than my 4GB. but no difference in anything else.