Question about 2 yr contract?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Are you sure that when you buy the iPhone you have to sign an agreement right then an there?

I was hoping this was the case so people couldnt wait in line for this phone to just turn around and sell them on eBay.

I asked someone at my local Apple store about that and he said he couldnt sign up anyone at the Apple store and that they would just sell the phones.

Then in a USA today people it says "to discourage scalpers ATT plans to limit the amount of phones each customer can buy".

to me that says they are letting one person buy more then one, which means u will not be forced into getting a 2yr contract at that point.

If this is the case there will be many ebayers in line come friday.

Can someone clarify this?

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I can't believe it's less than a week before launch and so much of this is still uncertain. You would've thought that this would've been handled better. But it makes you wonder if this is how they want it. They want people to not know how much the data plan is and not have time to decide they don't want to pay whatever it ends up being. So you're sitting in the store and they say $40 and you don't have any time to think about it and you just do it.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
Im not sure how Apple will handle activations.
Talked to Apple in Beachwood, Ohio today.. They still have no idea how that is going to work. I did hear you when you purchase at the Apple Store you will then call AT&T to activate it. The store did say they will have enough for demand that nite and will be open until midnight and have almost 50 people working!

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I can't believe it's less than a week before launch and so much of this is still uncertain. You would've thought that this would've been handled better. But it makes you wonder if this is how they want it. They want people to not know how much the data plan is and not have time to decide they don't want to pay whatever it ends up being. So you're sitting in the store and they say $40 and you don't have any time to think about it and you just do it.

if these things can be bought at the store and then sold on eBay plan on campers being there 2 days in advance.