question about 3.0

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
since there is new software coming out next week is there a point in jailbreaking my iPhone 3g?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Once the 3.0 jailbreak is out and the apps I want it for are prted over, I will probably jailbreak again. Whether it's worth it will depend on what you want from your jailbreak.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes, there will still be some advantages to jailbreaking. AFAIK, you have to get the new phone for video recording (it's not part of the 3.0 update). So, if you're not upgrading, you can jailbreak and use Cycorder for video recording. Jailbreaking will also allow you to do things such as theming, live video streaming, free tethering, and running background apps.

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
to be honest i want to download bunch of apps change my wallpaper download some games. should i just wait for the 3.0 and then jail break or should i just go ahead and jail break?

where can i download FREE games and apps besides the app store?

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
also is there any way i can trade my iPhone for the new one? my iPhone is new. mint condition .

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I'm sticking with my current jailbroken software until 3.0 is jailbroken. I get free tethering that works very very well = Happy me. I get folders for my apps = Happier me than if I had a stinkin 3G"S". I get themes = Well, u get the picture. If I had a need to record video, which I don't, I could also have that on my jailbroken phone. Up yours Apple and ATT.

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
I'm sticking with my current jailbroken software until 3.0 is jailbroken. I get free tethering that works very very well = Happy me. I get folders for my apps = Happier me than if I had a stinkin 3G"S". I get themes = Well, u get the picture. If I had a need to record video, which I don't, I could also have that on my jailbroken phone. Up yours Apple and ATT.

lolll....true

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I have to wait! I mistakenly upgraded my iTunes to 8.2. I had to restore, and when I tried to re-jailbreak with QuickPwn I couldn't. And from what I hear it's far too much trouble to downgrade my iTunes. I hope QuickPwn for 3.0 can be made to work with iTunes 8.2 :(